No announcement yet.

how to test foods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rule of thumb has always been eat once if you get sick, eat it again. Eat twice and get sick, never eat it again.
    IC-diagnosed August 1998 with cystoscopy and hydro
    IBS-diagnosed in 1998 probably had for majority of my life
    Fibro-Diagnosed in 2010
    Other conditions: Depression, High Cholesterol (irony)

Primary symptoms: PAIN, bloating, frequency, urgency, fatigue

Current Meds: Elavil 10mg at bedtime, Toviaz 4mg at bedtime, Lyrica 3x a day

Failed meds: Vesicare, Detrol LA, Celexa, Vioxx, Celebrex, Ditropan XL, Elmiron
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Comment

Ah...my mother would be chemical sensitive then. She gets sick as a dog near anything with a scent. I don't use any supplements at all typically though at the moment I take folic acid.. Vitamins cause me IC irritation and itching so I just try to make sure I eat a balanced diet the best I can and occasionally take a vitamin if I haven't been eating well. My prenatals and I do not get along at all so I just take it when I can and when I can't I take the folic acid.

Without my nerve blocks I seem to be in a 24/7 flare that never stops. Short of taking narcotics till I pass out nothing touches the pain. With my nerve blocks though I live a practically normal life only using the pain killers when the pain breaks through the nerve block.

Comment

Trying new foods

When you try a food how long does it usually take for your body to let you know if it is okay? For example, I tried 2 teaspoons of Greek yogurt today at about 7:30am. It is now 5:30pm. Should I have felt something by now? I know tomorrow I will try more.

Comment

For me it varies... Sometimes I know almost instantly.. (within about 30 minutes) but with other foods it takes days of eating it in a row to trigger a reaction. Like if I drink a coke @ 30 minutes later I feel it...but if I eat a salad with a vinaigrette dressing, I have to do that for 3 days straight (like side salads at dinner) before I feel it if I am not already in a flare.

Comment

Working...
          X