low back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low back pain

I have had constant almost debilitating low back pain for about 3 yrs now. Does anyone else with ic have this? They've never been able to find any sort of damage in xrays or.mri's. So all this time could it have been ic?

I always thought it was odd that every time I had a very bad flare my lower back also hurt so you're not alone on this. They never found anything but normal wear so I'm thinking it was either referred pain from the bladder or muscle tension as a result of the bladder pain itself. I would also get problems in the pelvic floor muscles which made everything worse. I've heard a lot of people complain of back pain when their IC was active.

Comment

Yes, I had it.

Comment

I also have back pain for as long as I've had IC symptoms (20+ years). The pain got worse when the IC symptoms worsened. I sometimes get a burning sensation on my back as well, almost feeling like a sunburn. I'm starting PT to help strengthen the muscles to help with the pain. I was told the muscle tension in and around the pelvice region can cause back pain. (due to bladder issues and/or other issues) And the more pain your body undergoes, the lower the threshold gets. So if you've been suffering a long time, the pain gets more difficult to bear without treatment because your body is desperately trying to combat the muscle stiffness, pain, etc. (this was all told to me by my Urogyno and Physical Therapist) When I'm desperate I use a heating pad and try to stretch my muscles.

I like you, also had various x-rays, and went to a chiropractor. A chiropractor can help but only so much I was told. (I did have good luck with one when I was younger) Now that I'm older the chiropractic work didn't help as much. Seriously, there were days I couldn't walk. When I starting exercising very cautiously I noticed some relief. When I take even a few days off from exercising, I'm in pain. I was told that back posture and even driving in a car too long can contribute to the back pain. (just something to think about)

If you can afford PT, or even an exercise program, you mind get some relief.
        Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

thanks it almost feels like a relief to know that I may have an answer now! My dr. and I already talked about PT but for 4 sessions out of pocket it was gonna cost me almost $400 and I can afford that.
          You're also right about not treating pain for so long and your threash hold. I feel like my body is saying if you don't do something I'm quitting on you soon. It's suffered for 3 or more years now. Severe pain and hardly any relief is not only getting to me physically but mentally.

Comment

how about pubic bone pain. I've had the pain since I gave birth so I again I thought it to be from something else but my butt bone and my pubic hurts so bad sometimes. Since last night I've had horrible pubic bone pain.

Comment

Originally posted by bbeaman View Post
              how about pubic bone pain. I've had the pain since I gave birth so I again I thought it to be from something else but my butt bone and my pubic hurts so bad sometimes. Since last night I've had horrible pubic bone pain.
              my butt/and i guess butt bone hurt so bad sometimes I can't sit or stand i have to roll over on my side. Hurts down in my legs. LIKE RIGHT NOW. IT IS 2 AM AND I AM UP W/ FREQUENCY AND PAIN. WHEN IS THIS EVER GONNA GO AWAY. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS. IT JUST SEEMS THAT PPL ON HERE UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEMS.
              Coopsmom

"Through God All Things Are Possible"

Topamax for Migraines 50
              Elavil 12.5 mg
              Lidocaine 2% 10 cc
              Sodium Bicarb 8.4% 5 cc
              Heprain 20,000 Units
              Hydroxyzine 25 mgs
              Valium Sup. 10 mgs.
              Phenegran 25 mgs.
              Amerge 2.5 mgs.
              Lidocaine Gel 2%

Comment

Coopsmom, I am so sorry you had a bad night. I also have felt that no one gets it. I've been so snappy and ill towards everyone lately. But when you are suffering in silence and your pain in unbearable and nothing is being done about it, it's hard to be chipper and smiling. I feel though reaching out here to a lot of these great people have made me feel better and less alone in all of this. Even if I don't know anyone here personally it's been nice for someone to know pretty much what I'm going through and that it will get better in time! Let me know if you need to chat.

Comment

I have also had worsening lower back pain ..more of a burning than anything since I have had all of these bladder problems. I usually find relief with an ice pack or heating pad.
                  28 years old
                  UTI's for 10 years
                  very bad urgency and frequency started Aug '10 Severe pressure, pain and burning in bladder, lower back, and thighs since May '11.
                  endometriosis removed (Sept 15th)
                  chronic pelvic pain since then
                  I currently take: elavil 25mg mg at night
                  clonazepam .25 mg daily for anxiety and nerve calming
                  probiotics
                  baking soda occasionally
                  Marshmallow root tea/capsules occasionally
                  other: heating pad/ice packs daily
                  deep breathing
                  massage
                  pelvic phsyio since jan '12

testing :cystoscopy ( urlogist said I have a small bladder but nothing abnormal)
                  many..MANY urine tests that all determine I do not have an infection.

ultrasounds for pre and post void (nothing abnormal)

things I would like to try :MSM, silver, medicinal mushrooms

Comment

Yes, lower back pain is a huge problem for me as well, it wasn't till recently that I realized it's IC related.

Comment

Yes

Tailbone, lower back, hips inside of thighs....massages help for a day and then the tension comes back.

Sick of it.
                      TMJ Dysfunction 2009
                      Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
                      IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
                      PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
                      Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
                      Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
                      Endep 25mg - 4months
                      Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
                      Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
                      Countless creams, lotions and potions.
                      Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
                      PT - for 1 year
                      Various herbs and supplements

Comment

Working...
                      X