X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire_A
    replied
    Barbm

I tried Endep (Elevail) for 4 months. It did nothing for my bladder for vulvodynia. I was on it for burning hands and feet anyway and after coming off this has resolved but the others have not.

Elmiorn is $200 per month and we can't claim on insurance here. I can't afford it.

Cystoprotek just arrived I am going to give it a go for 4 months.

Thanks for everyones responses. I really really want to do this naturally.

Wish this was not reality for any of us

Leave a comment:

• Barbm
    replied
    Claire, itching is basically a form of pain. Think of your skin when you have a rash, hives, or poison ivy- it is irritated and you itch. So treat your IC just as if you have pain. Try Elmiron which is basically lotion for your bladder. I would also try Elavil that will block the nerves sending the signal to your brain. Best wishes for success!

Leave a comment:

• Toto
    replied
    I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. I never had itching in my bladder but just on the outside. To me that's a strange symptom and I often think I have some infection. But there usually is not one present. Inner bladder itching sounds terrible!

I too get mysterious ovary pains and various other pains from the top of my stomach down to my vaginal area. I was tested for edometriosis and the results didn't show any growths on my ovaries.

I am starting Gabapentin for the burning, outer itching and other strange pains. The doctor told me with PFD (and IC and other related disorders) that the nerves around the pelvic area can create all kinds of pains and sensations. I think it will take some time for the Gabapentin to work. Just wanted to mention it in case you were interested in trying it, if you haven't already. I'm glad to know the PT helped you somewhat because I've just started.

Feel better!

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I take dye free Benadryl at night when I have an IC flare that seems allergy related. I tend to have those flares in the spring and fall. But this past spring was so bad, I took a Claritin in the morning as a preventative every day. (I only do the Benadryl when I have a big symptom spike - not every night as it tends to affect part of the sleep cycle and leaves me waking up feeling less rested overall.)

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    started a topic Itching and aching bladder

Itching and aching bladder

Does anyone else get the itching?

Its like I have been bitten by some insect, inside my bladder! it's so annoying!

Also the aching just wont go away. it is about 2 inches wide directly above my pubic bone. Diet isn't helping this, only frequency.

It comes - lasts for 3-4 days, goes away for a day then starts over.

Colostrum has finally come in the post. Hubby is trying this first bottle for his ulcers/ibs. He is in more pain than me at the moment so I'll let him try first. Still waiting for cystoprotek and prelief.

I can also see my overies through my skin they are that swolen. No cysts though.

F-e-d-u-p

Working...
X