Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatigue and leg pain

Good morning everyone,

I'm having some odd symptoms and wonder if they could be IC related.

About 8 months ago, I was diagnosed with Hashimotos. My wonky thyroid made me feel fatigued and very foggy headed. Going gluten free made these symptoms go away and I have not had to take any thyroid meds.

I've felt really good energy wise until this last week. Suddenly the fatigue is back. I'm also experiencing lower back pain that radiates down my glutes and thighs (back, front and outer side of thigh) on both legs. It is painful enough to wake me in the middle of the night.

Has anyone else experienced fatigue and leg pain like this from IC?

Thanks!
    Pam

Most of my muscles and joints act up on me for some reason.
    I also have fatigue chronically and it keeps me in bed a lot, but I find it gets worse when I'm in a flare or having bladder pain, if I remember correctly, pain, especially untreated, has a high link with fatigue.
    My limbs "fall asleep" at random throughout the day, pain, tingling and then numbness, so not the same pain as in my bladder. What is your pain like, and does it get better with NSAIDS?
    21 years old
    dx: severe OAB, mild/moderate IC, depression, PTSD, agoraphobia, chronic fatigue, IBS, peripheral neuropathy

♥ looking for a way or medication to help stop spasms ♥

Comment

Thanks Bri - that is really good to know. I was thinking of maybe going back to my endocrinologist, but it just doesn't feel like Hashi related fatigue.

Pam

Comment

Hi Polygon,

So sorry that you suffer from chronic fatigue. I remember what it felt like always being tired before I got my Hashi's under control. Hope you at least have some good days.

My pain is a general ache in the lower back that radiates down my thighs. It pretty much sticks to the glutes, back, outside and front of my thighs. My knees are killing me right now too. Kinda feels like I punished them with a boat load of squats. But, I have not done any.

NSAIDS do help with the pain. I took 3 Excedrin this morning and an 800 mg Ibuprofin after lunch. The pain is still there, but tolerable.

Hope your having a good day
        Pam

Comment

I can chime in and say I have been having more tiredness for years now. It can suck, too. I was told I must be having chronic fatigue several years ago. OK. Psychiatrist said it was probably shift work sleep disorder since I was on the nightshift, but I have not worked in over 10 months now.(thanks to degenerative disc disease)Being in pain may have something to do with it. Of course, I don't have all the IC pain, but I still get back pain, and it may radiate down my butt and into my left leg sometimes.(which left leg gets numb sitting here sometimes) OK. I do take Synthroid ever single day as well.

Comment

Originally posted by agilityme View Post
            Hi Polygon,

So sorry that you suffer from chronic fatigue. I remember what it felt like always being tired before I got my Hashi's under control. Hope you at least have some good days.

My pain is a general ache in the lower back that radiates down my thighs. It pretty much sticks to the glutes, back, outside and front of my thighs. My knees are killing me right now too. Kinda feels like I punished them with a boat load of squats. But, I have not done any.

NSAIDS do help with the pain. I took 3 Excedrin this morning and an 800 mg Ibuprofin after lunch. The pain is still there, but tolerable.

Hope your having a good day
            Pam
            Thanks Pam. Hashimoto's sounds pretty scary and hard to cope with, I hope you're otherwise doing well though, mentally and emotionally.

Have you thought about oral medications? It's great if you can manage it without, but it seems like a progressive disease when it's not controlled. I mean, I advocate natural therapies if they're available, it just might not be the best for the long term you know?

I read that it can induce paresthesia, like the tingling and pins & needles feeling, but not the type of pain you describe. A doctor's visit is probably needed, and in the meantime, maybe try some very warm baths with epsom salts, and your favourite aromatherapy smells/incense for relaxation. That usually helps me with any throbbing feelings. Are you perhaps overexerting yourself a lot? I noticed so many IC patients here do a whole lot more than I do; going to work, even buying groceries can be tiring.
            21 years old
            dx: severe OAB, mild/moderate IC, depression, PTSD, agoraphobia, chronic fatigue, IBS, peripheral neuropathy

♥ looking for a way or medication to help stop spasms ♥

Comment

Hi Statesboro,

Sorry to hear about your fatigue. It really does suck to be tired all the time. Mine went on for years as well. A couple of doctors tested my TSH and proclaimed me just fine and dandy. It took ending up with an enlarged thryroid and a node before someone took me seriously and sent me to an endocrinologist. I sure hope you find some relief soon.

And thanks for chiming in It is very helpful to know that the leg pain symptom could be related to IC. Makes me feel more confident sharing it with my urologist when I see him next.

Pam

Comment

Hi Polygon,

It was a little frightening at first. Especially since I had a node and cancer was a (slight) possibility. Luckily, the node is benign. Finding out I had Hashimotos is what helped me find my gluten intolerance so it's not all bad.

I did take synthroid (sp?) for a short time. However, once I went gluten free it became unnecessary and I stopped taking it. Saw my endo for a recheck of the node a little bit ago and he is fine with my decision.

Thanks for suggesting heat. It was so bad last night I felt faint if I stood too long, so didn't go for the bath. But, my heating pad and I have been good buddies for a while now and it is really helping. Plus the fatigue has disappeared.

Hope YOU are having a good day.

Pam

Comment

Working...
                X