Frustrated w/pain thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated w/pain thing

I was diagnosed last month with IC and I have been on strict IC diet for almost 2 months. I have had this sharp pain in lower left abdomen for 7 months (or more) and have had an ultrasound to check ovaries and uterus. I have also had a food allergy test in which I eliminated the food I was sensitive to 3 months ago. Through this whole thing the pain has been on and off and never gone away. I was also diagnosed with IBS when I was 22 which has stayed in remission (maybe until now).
    I have had the impression that IC was pain near vulva area and NOT on top of abdomen wayyy over the side (not over bladder). Is it possible the pain I have is from IC? I went to my doctor today and she thinks it might be. She also thinks the whole area: bladder and bowel are just inflammed. So she wants me to take probiotic and omega-3 fatty acid. If this doesn't get better she wants me to go to gastro dr.
    So, my question is have you ever had pain from IC in abdomen that was NOT over bladder but more towards side of body?? Did this go away, b/c I have had this sharp pain (sometime feels like a stabbing pain) for a long time and I am starting to get worried. thanks!
    -Pammylynn Rose
    Wishing everyone a pain free bladder day!

Painful symptoms start in May 2011
    Diagnosed with IC in Aug 2011

MEDICATIONS
    Elmiron
    Axert (only for rare migraines)
    Strict IC diet
    Gluten/dairy/egg free diet

I've had pain similar to what you are describing. Right before I was diagnosed with IC it was really really bad.

The pain was on my left side, more around where the top of my kidney is (well that general area) and sometimes it would be a dull ache and sometimes shooting pains toward the front. It baffled the doctors and I had all kinds of tests and it showed nothing.

I had the pain for several months before I figured out I had IC and eventually it went away. It does come back though when I have a UTI or a flare.

There were some days and nights it was so bad I thought about going to the ER but never did.

Comment

Briza

Your IC story seems very similar to mine. Doctors has diagnosed me with sciatica - and I had severe belly button pain. I had ct scan after ct scan and the nerve was never shown to be compressed. It was not until many doctors, and many treatments that I realized the pain was actually originating from my bladder.

Thanks for sharing!

Current Meds:
      1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
      1 Cimetidine 300mg 2x a day
      4 Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day (3600mg)
      1 - 2 Atarax 25mg at bedtime
      1 baclofen 10mg 3x a day as needed
      200mg of Pyridium 3x a day (usually do in cycles - on for a week or two as needed) - I am very careful about this.
      2 belladonna and opium suppositories as needed for pain daily.
      Bladder instillations (Lidocaine, Heparin, & Sodium Bicarbonate)

I have tried but failed -
      lidocaine instillations, heparin instillations, oxybutynin by mouth also called ditropan, tylenol 3s with coedine, cyclobenzaphrine, Ativan, vesicare, Oxytrol patches worked for 3 to 4 years and then failed, I tried Uracyst and had some success but my urologist felt that it was not successful so we moved on to trying something else. .
      [/I]

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I went to doctor and she explained how whole bladder, bowel, and other areas can all be inflammed and irritated. So, she told me to go on probiotics and fish oil pills. They have helped me so much, the pain is almost gone and only happens one day a weeks now!!
        -Pammylynn Rose
        Wishing everyone a pain free bladder day!

Painful symptoms start in May 2011
        Diagnosed with IC in Aug 2011

MEDICATIONS
        Elmiron
        Axert (only for rare migraines)
        Strict IC diet
        Gluten/dairy/egg free diet

Comment

Working...
        X