• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leela11
    replied
    Nancy,
    congratulations on your marriage!
    how long did you take the ketoconazole?
    how come there is no test to know if you have a fungal infection? (just thinking out loud, maybe someone knows something)
    what if the ketoconazole helps because of some other property of the drug? though I wouldn't be suprised if I have a fungal infection, they are very common where I live and I have been treated with antibiotics for months at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    replied
    Physical therapy

Leave a comment:

• Leela11
    replied
    What is PT?

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    replied
    Both the Ativan and the ketoconazole helped but the bladder instills are helping more

Leave a comment:

• Leela11
    replied
    Nancy,
    Did the ketoconazole help?
    I'm taking it now.

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    It's a benzo which is usually used for anxiety but I found that it helped calm my bladder and pelvic floor muscles. Probably in the same way that valium helps a lot of people here who use it as vaginal valium. It is addictive so a lot of drs. don't like to prescribe it but my anxiety was so bad in the beginning that I just about had a meltdown in the drs. office and told her if I didn't get some sleep soon I was going to loose my mind. So she gave it to me- probably to prevent me from having a nervous breakdown right there in her office- Ha. When my bladder was going into painful spasms I would take it and sit on a heating pad and within about 20 minutes I felt a lot better. It worked about 80% of the time so it wasn't always 100%. There are other meds to calm things down but I never did very well on the anticholinergics

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    earthlady

What is[ Ativan and how does it work?

Man I want remission

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    I don't recall anything that worked immediately but over time certain things did help me. I was taking Benadryl and a low dose of Surmontyl and later added supplements Quercetin and Hyaluronic acid along with using prelief. Also was taking Ativan that sometimes calmed everything down. I also eliminated coffee, tea, wine, and citrus. A lot of people are helped by the OAB meds but they didn't do much for me long term. I've been in remission now for a good while and currently only taking the Quercetin and using prelief with certain foods and of course watching my diet. I still may get some frequency at night but it's never as bad as it was when it first started. In the beginning I think the Surmontyl (mild tricyclic med) did help quite a bit for the frequency but it took a while to work.

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    replied
    So what helps you for horrible frequency symptoms?
    Nancy

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    I haven't heard of anyone on this med for bladder problems, but your dr. must have his reasons. I'd be interested in knowing why he felt an anti fungal med would help. Maybe he has had other patients that showed improvement with this. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad flare right now. I can remember crying sometimes for days when I was in pain. You get so frustrated with this ugly condition that sometimes all you can do is cry. I hope you have some other meds that can get you through this right now.

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    started a topic crying and ? on ketoconazole

crying and ? on ketoconazole

All I can do these past couple of days is cry. My flare up is so bad!! That feeling to pee all the time with with my 24/7 lately. I could just die!! My urine looks clear. The interstim isn't working.

One thing was my dr prescribed and recommended ketoconazole for 10 days in case i have a fungal infection? Anyone heard of taking this drug for the bladder? Does it help?? Man this bites!

Nancy
Working...
X