Period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period!

Does anybody find symptoms improve/vanish during their period??

My IC always vanishes on my two worst bleeding days (... I always get my hopes up it won’t come back!) – they’ve tested me for endometriosis and I’ve tried going on the pill again but no avail. Bloods say hormones are ‘normal’. My women’s health physio thought it might be because the pelvis relaxes during a period and the cervix opens to ‘drain’ (... lovely, I know!) and my muscles are quite tight.

Looking forward to hearing anyone else’s experiences.

Re: Period!

For the most part, yes. When my bladder is acting up, it will often completely go away for the first 2-3 days of my period. However, I have had bad flares where my period has made me worse. I have no idea why. I am 45 years and in perimenopause, so that may be why.
    Jane
    Diagnosed 1/7/14 via cysto/hydro

Current Treatment:
    10 mg amitriptyline, DH Aloe Vera

Used During Flares:
    Uribel, extra DH Aloe Vera, Klonopin and Tramadol (as needed)

Practicing bladder training and stress control (hot baths, pelvic stretching)
    Recently tried PT, do not appear to have PFD

Things that have not helped in the past:
    Oxybutynin, Vesicare, Pyridium, Myrbetriq, Vagifem

Also have migraines and IBS

Comment

Yes that's very common because your estrogen levels are slowly increasing. Patients usually flare a couple of days before their periods when their estrogen levels are at their lowest! I went through that many times!

Jill
      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Thanks all!

It's weird cos when my oestrogen levels are at their highest (ovulation), my bladder is so bad biut when they are low, it is ok! From what I've read people have the opposite!

Comment

Working...
        X