Ic/protein in urine…worried!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ic/protein in urine…worried!

Hi! I just wanted to ask if anyone here besides having IC also has protein in the urine. I have had IC for almost 10 yrs and recently I applied for a life insurance and that is how I found out that I had high levels of protein in my urine 103 I believe. I went to my urologist and he also found protein in my urine. I just called for the results so I can't ask him if this is normal in IC patients until I go see him again. My question for you is, is this normal in IC patients or is there something wrong with my kidneys. I have an appointment with a nephrologist (kidney doctor) on Saturday Aug 21 so that he can check my kidneys. I just want to make sure my IC is the reason for the protein in my urine and not a kidney disease. Please let me know if anyone here also has protein in the urine and…is it bad??

protein

Yes I have significant amounts of protein in my urine and still don't know why. I wrote you a private message about this. I have IC and a neurogenic bladder. I am in a bad flare right now. Urgency, incontinence, frequency (up to 50 times), and bad burning right now. I hope you found out the cause of your protein. I do not know what is causing mine. I do have 2 kidney stones that I have had for years and are lodged in the kidney. Maybe this is the problem.

Sandy

Comment

What did you guys figure out about the mysterious protein?

Comment

Hey did you guys go for a check up? I think beside guessing you should be responsible to get a thorough check up

Comment

men with EC

Thanks much for the apology to men with IC. I'm a man with EC and first posted here5-6 years ago. There wasn't much interest at the time and I only got about 3 responses. I watched over the years as my condition kept on, but stopped contributing, becuase like others, the only responses I got was encouraging messages. I'm grateful for them, but I hope we can get more folks, men and woman, to address this subject.

For those that posted here last, I was diagnosed by 2 bladder biopsies. I wish the best to all and hope to hear from more on their stories.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

jayess

Comment

Working...
          X