Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampireness
    replied
    As long as you get repeatedly get infections, it's best to treat it. I take antibiotics and have been for a year, I'm in a better state than I was. I am also, planning on trying out other things to help kill the bacteria, stuff like Olive Leaf Extract etc

I also take ALOTS of probiotics and am still increasing them, and finding better products to help with yeast (I don't get it all that much but I still do) and boosting the immune system.

I also take Cod Liver Oil, to help with building resistance to infections.

But, to test and know for sure if you have a bacteria, would be best. Long ago, like five years back, my E.Coli strain was resistant to penicillin family but two to three years later, the E.Coli strain was sensitive to it. My doctor gave me the explaination, that different batch have different resistance and bacteria can pass on their resistance to their offspring, or they not have been able to.

My Klebisella strain was sensitive to Cefaclor a year ago, and now it's resistant and I took Cefaclor for several months, maybe....seven months mainly to deal with Group B Strep. I get Klebsiella again, this year and I took Bactrim for it, for three weeks. I have to check if it's still there. To me, what my doctor says, makes sense, that different batch of bacteria have different resistance, though they are the same species.

Vampireness

Leave a comment:

• glassd18
    replied
    This post seems to have died out. I wonder why. Did anyone being treated find long term success? I would hate to take antibiotics unneccessarily. It is not good for the system, and leads to resistant strains of bacteria.

Leave a comment:

• katjonez
    replied
    old post but any new information ?

I don't remember ever reading a about a bacteria that seems to be in many (50%) of ICrs
    Is there any new research ?? And still no info on what the cost could be. I'm sure it is more than it was in 2002 . Sure sounds hopeful

Leave a comment:

• Vampireness
    replied
    Jenny I read all four pages and not one had price though the price was asked repeatedly but I think, there are two websites and maybe you can contact them and ask for the price, since they do provide the test.

http://www.imd-lab.com and http://www.mdlab.com

Leave a comment:

• Jenny76
    replied
    and just how expensive is this?

Leave a comment:

• Vampireness
    replied
    Really old thread but I have a question. Does Mycoplasma and Urea only effect those sexually active?

Leave a comment:

• Elm
    replied
    I've been reading up on this stuff the past few months and it's making me kind of neurotic. How does one catch these bacteria? It sounds like bacteria could turn out to be at the root of lots of medical conditions that we don't currently even think of that way. I asked my doctor and I asked that he not dismiss this right off because I said when you think about it, medical science doesn't really know anything...and he cut me off and said "oh it sucks, it totally sucks". So I'm glad he agreed with me but I'd almost rather he have been able to say something to dismiss these theories. He said he's read the research I was referring to but all he could say was there's nothing we can really do so I should just try not to worry about it. But I am.

I am just wondering how concerned I should be about these things. I'm not clear how they are transmitted.

Leave a comment:

• sanctuary
    replied
    This is amazing! It could be something..it got my attention. I will look into this first thing monday. Sounds a lot like my early days, but they tested me to death, I recognised I feel better on antibiotics too, but only for a few days. What a great find this article was, thanks for posting it/ glad I came in here tonight , Hugs, Sanctuary

Leave a comment:

• JackiePecora
    replied
    Hi Jodee,
    I don't think unicornsintherain posts here anymore. She uses another IC board but hasn't even posted there in a long time.
    Could you please let me know how you are doing with your treatment. My infectious disease doc is treating me for c.pnemonia and mycoplasma pnemonia. I've had to change drugs a few times as the bacteria were not affected by doxy or zithromax. My husband and I are now on cipro. I'm hoping this will do it. If you would like to email me the address is [email protected]
    Thanks and great luck.
    Jackie

Leave a comment:

• jodee
    replied
    I will be going back to the Cleveland Clinic for an entire month for pain rehab and treatment with my uro. I pray that my results will be as positive as yours. I will certainly discuss this test with him. Thanks for your post. wow...some hope! jodee

Leave a comment:

• sunbean552003
    replied
    I have another theory about what started my IC. I have been exposed to many types of insecticide during the years, after having worked in greenhouses, worked in orchards, had bug sprayers around my house, etc. My symptoms started in my forties very suddenly, and it took me three years to get it dianosed. I believe that IC is an autoimmune disease in which the body turns onitself. Possibly, my bladder was damaged because of this. I have also been hit in the cervix with HPV - so perhaps, a certain part of the body is damaged. It is just an idea, that the environment could play a part in this, what with the chemicals I was exposed to. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• JackiePecora
    replied
    Hi All,
    I don't know how Unicornsintherain is doing. She was on doxycycline and did not get better and then went for a hydro.
    I also was on doxy and did not get better. My infectious disease doc changed my medicine to azithromycin (zithromax). I take 250 mg once a day. I've been on it for 1 week and am seeing a slow improvement. My husband tested positive to mycoplasma pnemonia and chlamydia pnemonia like me and is on the zithromax as well.
    My infectious disease doc spoke at my Palm Harbor Support Group meeting two weeks ago and said that there are a number of bacterial and viral infections that could cause IC symptoms.
    I'm 40 yrs old and if you looked at me you'd be shocked that I feel as ill as I do. I have IC, IBS, infertility, chronic fatigue, fibro symptoms, urethral-bladder-vaginal-rectal irritation, etc. etc. etc. I have thought for 2-1/2 years that I had chronic systemic yeast and have been on a yeast free diet for that amount of time and still I have been ill. I have been thru uro's, gyno's, internists, alternative gurus, chinese acupuncturists etc. I finally found a primary care physician who sent me to an infectious disease doctor because he knew that he could not help me and that it wasn't all in my head. How could it be... my husband had a lot of the same symptoms.
    I'm writing to you because for the first time in a long time I feel ok. It's been a week on the zithromax and I don't want to jinx it but I feel better.
    If anyone would like to personally email me... my email address is [email protected] I want to tell the whole world about these bacterial infections but I think I'll get better first so I have more ammo. For the first time I really feel that my husband and I are going to get better.
    Well wishes to you all,
    Jackie

Leave a comment:

• Christa
    replied
    Hi-

I had my test done in Poland in a private lab and it cost me $12. So I'd think it shouldn't be so expensive. Does anyone know how much it costs in the States?

Chris

Leave a comment:

• rnewman
    replied
    This new information is sure helpful in ruling out things and hopefully it cures some!!

I am going to be tested too, I hope my insurance will cover.... the only reason I think that it COULD be U.U is because often when I have urine cultures done (and I have dipsticks at home...) it says that there is some bacteria present but not enough to meet UTI criteria or to treat. [img]frown.gif[/img] And my bloodwork is sometimes off too...

But I have a lot of pelvic floor problems- sitting here right now I can feel that the muscles on the right must be tighter because my right leg aches a bit...from the top down...almost like sciatic pain.....

I dont see how it could be bacteria with that!! I suppose this disease just really will never make sense! Haha. You think you have an answer.... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Rachel

Leave a comment:

• Elm
    replied
    Leesaw I think it's good that you asked to get tested for this - I don't understand why anyone would not be interested in exploring every possible route. When I switchd to my current family doctor 3 months after I got sick in '99, this was the first thing he thought it was (and I had already done online research and was prepared to ask myself). Sadly, it wasn't the answer for me but it has been for other people. It freaks me out how people could waste their whole life being sick with something that was treatable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X