News last night on Phtlates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News last night on Phtlates

Hey..did ya'll see that report on everything we use in our daily lives *shampoo, lipstick, cosmetics, hand soap, toys, anything plastic..just about EVERYTHING* that contained Phtlates in it? They were saying that GreenPeace wants to ban the use of this chemical completely after research has been done stating that they *or the FDA* tested 1,000 people for phtlates..and over 90 percent of them had a MASSIVE dose..like thousands over what a normal body would have.

The FDA and CDC said they are going to research it further before causing a panic in the world, but the CDC and GreenPeace research stated they have documentation that Phtlates have caused MANY serious conditions, to include cancer....

Makes me wonder about IC and all those other diseases out there in our world today.......did some kind of chemical, preservative, additive cause all of these conditions???

Interesting...

deb

HEY DEB,
    I THINK THINGS LIKE THIS ARE A BIG PART OF THE PROBLEM.I GREW UP AROUND A LAKE THAT THEY NOW SAY IS VERY CONTAMINATED WITH MERQURY AND OTHER STUFF FROM A FACTORY THAT DUMPS OFF INTO THE LAKE.I ATE FISH OUT OF THERE ALL MY LIFE.BUT THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT WILL NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT IT,IT IS JUST COVERED UP LIKE EVERTHING ELSE.

THATS JUST MY OPINION BUT I AM TRYING TO DO SOME RESEARCH ON IT.
    GOD BLESS,
    KIM

Comment

Deb, thanks, that's very interesting. Probably we ICers are more sensitive to some of the chemicals because of our allergies and tendency to all the inflammatory illnesses (IBS, Fibro, migraines, etc.).
      We can help one another here. Sue

Comment

I am almost convinced that I think a food allergy is what caused my IC. I know in the past herbal teas caused me to break out in hives, and as many times that I have eaten shrimp, one time we bought them out and I broke out in hives. I think it was something in the seasoning. Recently I tried Ester C and had an allergic reaction. Before being diagnosed with IC I was eating apples all of the time and that was one of my worse triggers for my IC. I am wondering now if eating apples for years has caused my IC.
        Karen
        -----------------------------------
        Start each day with a smile and you'll be surprised how far that smile will go.
        Others will see it, start smiling themselves,and then pass it on to the people they meet.
        Before you know it, the whole world will be smiling!

Comment

KAREN EATING APPLE'S MAY CAUSE A FLARE BUT THEY REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT CAUSES THE IC ITSELF.I DO THINK ALLERGIES PLAY A BIG PART IN THIS THOUGH BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.I WISH I HAD GONE TO MED SCHOOL .
          GOD BLESS,
          KIM

Comment

I agree with you ladies about the allergies.
            I'm seeing an alternative doctor who is doing a process which desensatizes me to allergies. I just started but the process is called NAET and just a handful of drs do this. I'll keep you posted.
            Well wishes,
            Jackienull

Comment

Girls, You really made me stop and think!!!
              I've had IC for ten years and never made
              the connection but my first husband died
              at 52. He worked in a lab with all kind of
              chemicals. My whole family has autoimmuine
              diseases. My oldest son has RHeumotiod (sp)
              Arthirtis. My oldest daughter has Fibermyaliga, the youngest has Chrones.
              Certainly seems like there may be a reason
              that we all have problems. Exposure to
              chemicals, perhaps.
              Hope you are all having a pain free day.
              (((HUGS))) Rita

Comment

My husband believes we are a causalty of of modern living. And it is not just from all the environmental chemicals, etc. Also it comes from the chemicals, additives, and preservative in modern food. If you start cooking from scratch, you can better control your ingredients and by pass food items that irritate.

Heaven only knows what is used in processing some of what we eat. For example cold pressed olive oil uses chemicals but excessor pressed does not. The list goes on and on. :eek:
                Liz

Comment

Working...
                X