Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research APF Factor

Hi everyone
    I've been reading the research here and at the ICA on this protein of low molecular weight that is unique to IC bladders and inhibits the bladder lining from re-newing itself in the normal way.

I've recently read that in association with this APF protein, lower than normal levels of Herapin Binding Epidermal Growth Factor and higher than usual levels of Epidermal Growth Factor, have been found in IC bladders.

My questions are:- Is the APF protein interfering with the production of the Herapin Binding component of the the EGF? and is the EGF over producing itself to compensate for the lower levels of the Herapin Binding content?

I'm not a medical prof. or scientist or anything like that but always read the research and try to understand it.

I hope this is the right Board to post this topic. Maybe I should ask Dr. Jay this question? What do you think?
    Shelley

I have read some of this info. too and have wondered just like you have. I think I would ask the question if I were you. To me, the thought train makes sense. Maybe a combination of things occur.
    Liz

Comment

Thanks liz2, for replying to my post. It's great to hear that you think about these things too. I've just submitted my question to Dr. Jay and hope he answers it.
      Shelley

Comment

Submitting the question is a good idea. There has got to be something that we are missing in the research.
        Liz

Comment

SORRY IT HAS TAKEN ME SO LONG TO ANSWER THIS POST.I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE.
          I ALSO THINK IT IS SOMETHING THEY ARE MISSING IN THE RESEARCH.
          I ALSO THINK (JUST MY OPINION) THAT IC HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THINGS IN OUR FOOD AND WATER .
          LIKE I SAID IN ANOTHER POST,I GREW UP NEAR A FACTORY THAT WAS DUMPIMG INTO THE LAKE FOR YEARS.
          GOD BLESS,
          KIM

PS I WILL BE INTERESTED IN WHAT DR.JAY HAS TO SAY.

Comment

Working...
          X