Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNLesa
    replied
    My OB also has a theory that while pregnant, a woman's body releases added hormones that are natural smooth muscle relaxers....which, sometimes, help ease the symptoms of IC.

I believe that although hormones may not be the CAUSE, they can certainly affect our IC symptoms. I am one that suffers terrible flares during menstruation.

Of course, this doesn't speak for our male IC sufferers.

Hmmmm....so many questions....

ICNLesa

Leave a comment:

• buffy
    replied
    Marsha,
    That is way beyond what medical science is capable of doing today. Maybe in the future, it will be possible.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs Thompsen
    replied
    I say, just get pregnant! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• aztucgirl
    replied
    so why cant they tap into that "immune system" bonus for us?

Leave a comment:

• buffy
    replied
    The immune system changes during pregnancy too. It does so, so it won't attack the embryo/fetus as a foreign object. When the pregnancy is over, the immune system returns to normal. It is quite common ,for people with autoimmune diseases, to have a remission during pregnancy, only to have the disease return ,after the baby is born.

Leave a comment:

• marsha crawford
    started a topic Cure for IC??

Cure for IC??

I've noticed that several people say when they were pregnant, and soon after they had no IC symptoms, but then they re-appear. Has anyone thought to look into the hormonal issues that would cause a pregnant woman to be symptom free???
Working...
X