Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Ibuprofen can have some serious side effects if taken over a long period. I can't take it at all without severe gastric distress along with bladder pain.

Have you had testing done to find the reason for the jaw pain? I ended up with surgery for my TMJ.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• billie
    replied
    The same for me. In my 20's, I took a lot of Ibuprofen for neck pain over a five year period.

Leave a comment:

• Luanne
    replied
    Originally posted by Donna LCR View Post
    I have had TMJ for seven years. In the past three years the pain and migraines were excruciating. The Dr could never find any Rx that I could take due to side effects, so I took ibuprophen. LOTS OF IBUPROPHEN! The minimum dose was three, every six hours, for days at a time. Four at a time was VERY common. If I got no relief in two hours we took another for a total of five. My Dr was aware of this and said I'd be fine. Thirty days after my treatment was complete and I didn't need ibuprophen anymore I started the typical story of IC.
    My mom is possitive it was all the meds, but I guess we'll never know.
    The ironic thing is now I have a uro that WILL NOT give oral pain meds of any kind.
    So what do you think any possible connection?

P.S. I too have a number of saddle horn stories from early ages to teen years.
    I believe that all the pain meds I was taking for headaches and a bad tooth caused my bladder to become inflamed and then to IC.
    Luanne
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 09-10-2008, 03:47 AM. Reason: Removed personal telephone number (safety issue)

Leave a comment:

• Donna LCR
    started a topic What about high doses of pain meds?

What about high doses of pain meds?

I have had TMJ for seven years. In the past three years the pain and migraines were excruciating. The Dr could never find any Rx that I could take due to side effects, so I took ibuprophen. LOTS OF IBUPROPHEN! The minimum dose was three, every six hours, for days at a time. Four at a time was VERY common. If I got no relief in two hours we took another for a total of five. My Dr was aware of this and said I'd be fine. Thirty days after my treatment was complete and I didn't need ibuprophen anymore I started the typical story of IC.
    My mom is possitive it was all the meds, but I guess we'll never know.
    The ironic thing is now I have a uro that WILL NOT give oral pain meds of any kind.
    So what do you think any possible connection?

P.S. I too have a number of saddle horn stories from early ages to teen years.
Working...
X