Getting the medication at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the medication at home

Hi there, my wife has recently been diagnosed w/ IC. We've been struggling to find a way to get the medicine & equipment to do this procedure @ home because it's $50 every time we have the doctor do it. So if she goes in twice a week, we spend $100. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to do it at home. We have Blue Cross Blue Shield. Anyone had any luck w/ getting the stuff to do this at home because the doctor's office says they can't give us the stuff and our insurance says compound prescriptions aren't covered. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Getting the medication at home

Hi there. It would help us to know which medications and treatment you are talking about and which country you're in. I'm assuming you're talking about instills cathed at the doctors?
    UTI 3/2015
    IC ,PFD
    prescribed meds: Endep 60mg, Elmiron 400mg, BC. Enablex 7.5mg.

Supplements: Chitomur peptide, colostrum, Echinacea, liver detox swisse, calcium citrate, glucosamine, Psyllium Husk.

Daily diet: Breakkie- oats with chia seeds and no fat milk. Post workout-turkey breast with mixed veggies. Lunch-raw green soup with rye roll and handful of peanuts/almonds. Dinner- changes but meat and veg. Dessert-banana and sugar free custard (homemade) or banana and apple bake with almonds cinnamon and honey with a dollop of coconut cream.

Tried: tramadol, cystoprotek, multi right, diazepam, vesicare, Ditropan, mirabegron, Flomax, lyrica, progesterone.

Comment

Re: Getting the medication at home

The medication needed is 4cc of Heparin, 10cc lidocain, and 3cc sodium bicarbonate, and it's for interstitial cystitis.

Comment

Working...
      X