Dental coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental coverage

Just wondering if its just the type of dental coverage or maybe its for all retirees. Dad had a root canal and crown done a year or so ago, but he had to pay the entire bill. I thought retired military have great dental. Dad is retired colonel from army. It's just strange how only dentists retirees can't go on base. But dad told me he had to pay the entire bill and only coverage is 100% on general cleaning and those x rays. My dental is better then. I get 50% for root canals, fillings and crowns. But I can up that to enhanced and get 90% for root canals and fillings, and 60% for crowns. But I can't upgrade till April when FY 13 starts in July.
    In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
    11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Im not familiar with how military retirees health/dental plans work. That said, it should be stated on his policy what exactly is covered and the percentage of the out-of-pocket cost.

Hopefully someone familiar can shed more light on this subject for you.

D
    (\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

My son just got out of the Army and I think for health insurance which includes medications; he gets free health care and the meds are like $3.00 for generics and $9.00 for brand. Don't know about dentist but I do know that when he was in that dental was free.

Comment

I had Tricare for 23 years till I got a job full time. My parents have Tricare for life, but Delta as dental, so they have to go off base to see dentists. Only active duty military can see dentists on base.
        In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
        11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

I don't know about dental military coverages. If you get some coverages its good. you Should be happy with it. I think it will help you.

Comment

Working...
          X