Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble affording Elmiron (in Canada)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble affording Elmiron (in Canada)

I live in Ontario and am having a lot of trouble affording the Elmiron. I really want to stay on it, but I am barely able to buy it.

Anybody know of any help here? We don't have a drug plan through an employer or anything.....

I feel like I am going to cry.....

How can the drug companies charge so much for Elmiron? Does anyone know that???

~Very frustrating...
    ~TRACEY~ Wife and Mother of three beautiful
    children.

Here in the US, the drug company does have a program that will help people who can't afford Elmiron. I suggest you talk to your doctor's office to see if they have a form to contact the company for help.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I get my Elmiron free from the manufacturer. Like Donna said, ask your doctor to get you a form to fill out for patient assistance program. I am not sure how it works in Canada. It took a few months to be entered in the program but they send it to my doctors office every 3 months like clock work. I also could not afford it anymore. It cost $300.00 U.S. every month for me. they should be shot..

Comment

I don't have insurance either that is part of the reason I decided to try the natural supplementation route and it's been 6 months and is going very well!!! There are no side effects this way which is another bonus!! I thought the health care system in Canada was better than here in the U.S.?

Definitely talk to your doctor to see if there is anything they can do to help...on the rare occasion I do go to the doctor, I tell them up front that I don't have insurance most of the time, they head to their "supply room" & I leave with a bag of samples!!!

Jen
        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
        Jen
        Medically diagnosed Post Menopause 9-13, unsure for how long! Have: IC, IBS-C, arthritis, carpal tunnel, hypoglycemia, RLS, seasonal sinusitis, depression, anxiety, infertility, hormone imbalance.

Please read Screaming to be heard by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet. I do deep cleansing breathing & relaxation morning & night along with doing Yoga everynight now, it's been a huge blessing for my body! Born & raised in Michigan, relocated to Oklahoma in 9/09. Please Don't stop anti depressants or mood stabilizers "cold turkey"!

http://www.icawareness.com/stories.html

Jen Meier Cascaddan on Facebook

Married for 21 years, have 2 cats that are my "boys"

Comment

Donna and the other girls gave you the same advice i was going to add about asking your doctor to fill out the form for you to be able to get the elimron free from the drug maker.
          It will only take a few Min's of there time to do so. They should have no problem making you an appt to come in to talk to one of the Rn's who do this for the Dr to help you stay on the medicine.

You can also look back on the low income board I posted some numbers for medicine help that My aunt uses. I don't know which number helps with what meds but it would be worth the call to check them out. Just have a pen and paper ready when you call these numbers. I'm sure at least one of the number that I posted should help you with elimron and any other Rx's you have from your Dr.
          those numbers go by your income. My aunt gets three months worth of her medicine for thirty dollars she does have INC. and she is a single lady with a very nice income and gets help. Its worth checking out.
          I hope some of this information helps you in some way.
          sending you hugs and prayers
          Rhonda
          Medicine taken daily or as needed:
          1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
          2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
          3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
          4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
          5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
          5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
          6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
          7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Ya know, it stinks that there isn't a place we can send unused meds. I know it violates every law and infection control law known to man, but I have probably 450 Elmiron capsules that I can't take anymore that will probably wind up meeting a watery grave. It is just too bad they can't recycle them or something for people who can't afford it. I feel guilty that I have all of it and now can't take it.

Hugs,
            Barb
            (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
            :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
            :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
            I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
            PCOS 7/85
            RSD 7/94 :headbang:
            Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
            Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
            Kidney stones--too many to count
            Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
            IC 6/03 :evilsmile
            Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
            "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
            "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks so much guys. Will do!
              ~TRACEY~ Wife and Mother of three beautiful
              children.

Comment

Working...
              X