ICA Disability Packet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICA Disability Packet

Is there a way I can get this ica disability packet cheaper or for free???
    J.J.

I took a break from the forum for awhile.

diagnosed with IC Oct.2006
    diagnosed with IBS Nov. 2006

Just keep swimming Just keep swimming...

Maybe you can call the ICA and ask them?

It was the BEST money I ever spent and it is what got me my disability. I had no laywer either. It will be worth the money in the end, you will see.

I didnt have the money to buy it either but I had to and it worked. I had my disability within 6 months after that.

Maybe you could call the ICA and ask them and explain your situation and maybe they will be gracious enough to help you out.

Best of Luck to you, I hope they will help you out.

Kara
    Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
    http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Thanks I called and the lady was very helpful. She is going to send me information about disability and becoming a member of the ICA with a discounted price if my circumstances permit. I gotta write a letter and send it in. As for the packet - they no longer give them out free of charge
      I need to come up with 20 dollars so I can get it.
      J.J.

I took a break from the forum for awhile.

diagnosed with IC Oct.2006
      diagnosed with IBS Nov. 2006

Just keep swimming Just keep swimming...

Comment

20.00 is a lot cheaper than paying a lawyer a % of your check that is suppose to be all yours, Plus out of the pocket expense's. I did this route. I didn't know at the time about the ICA package. I sure wish I had of. It took me two years to get my check and back pay. I hear now the court system is so backed up it still takes a long time just to get a judge to hear a person case. In my case the judge said. "why has this lady been put threw all of this?" he didn't say yes it was approved or anything like that, but I had a feeling then and their and so did my lawyer that I was approved. Since my case was heard in Nov it still took after the Holiday's in order to get my check and back pay. It would had took longer, but I had to ask for something called in dare needs program. this pushes the paper work up to get the check process quicker, but you have to have proof why you are in dare need at this time. It has to be more so then what you where while you where fighting for it.

Best of luck!!!
        Rhonda
        Medicine taken daily or as needed:
        1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
        2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
        3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
        4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
        5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
        5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
        6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
        7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Hi, I tried calling ICA and writing to them to try to get the packet/letter to Judge cheaper or free as I haven't worked in over 2 years, don't qualify but for $180 in food stamps a month, get no medicaid, insurance, electric or rental help at all. For some reason I don't qualify for any help even though I have NO income whatsoever. So I will beg, borrow and try to get another $20 out of someone for this packet and hopefully I will get disability and backpay so that I can repay my parents and my friend that has helped me get by as I put them in a situation too and feel very bad. I see that this is a important piece of information that we both need. If I find anything out on getting it cheaper, or if you do please post info up as will I. When I do receive it which I need to order next week at latest I will let you know what I think or will even fax or mail you a copy of the information included which may be cheaper and helpful to you. If that sounds good let me know and I'll give you my email. Good Luck! Hope you feel better.

Comment

question, just wondering if you are married? if so that could be why you don't qualify for anything except the food stamps. I worked for the medicaid offices for years and this was a lot of the causes why. I still work for the state but in a different department. If you are not married or living with anyone (family) have you checked with the housing authority? I know here in texas - there is a long waiting list for that unless you or totally disabled. I am trying to think here but its the end of the day, i know you are not in texas but if i can recall what resources we use than i can pass them along. Hopefully i can get back with you in a day or 2.

Comment

Working...
            X