Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I am a mother of two boys, and at the moment I am on Welfare. I was in school trying to get a better education to get a better job. About 6 months ago I had issues where I use to live and lost my apartment and had to move closer to my parents. I am thankful that It all ended well just not for the haveing to start over. I am on a very low income with what little I get and my rent, but now I am told that I will lose it all if I don't go back to work. See with all that has happened in the last few weeks with the surgery and the flare up of IC, school dropped me for medical reasons. This allows me to return next semester but the dr says this could take a year to even get under control and return to a normal life. I have ppl telling me to apply for SSDI and stuff like that but I don't know much about it. Plus I would be afraid of being denied.

I also was wondering if anyone knows any good homemade soup recipes for a small budget. In just the past two weeks I have gained 4lbs and after struggling for so long to lose weight I can't bare the thought of gaining it back. Someone said that weight watchers is good but then that scares me with all that we cant eat. Anyways so for the rant. I am just very confused and scared with all that is going on and with what might happen.

I don't know the source of your income, but if it's something like state assistance your doctor should be able to help you continue to receive it. Usually a letter from a doctor to confirm a disibility will suffice.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Money

I would apply for SSDI if your doctor supports you. You will likely be denied on the first go around because 98% of people are. But if you stick it out then eventually you will probably be approved. I am new to the IC site but I know this from talking with people on my Fibromyalgia board. It can take awhile to get SSDI so the sooner you start the better. If you google social security secrets you should find some good information on how to apply. Also using **** is a good try, they are lawyers that fight for disability for people who have no money and only get paid if you are awarded back pay. And the SSI site alone has pretty clear instructions on how to apply.

So if it was up to me then I would apply for it. Do not worry if you get denied cause you likely will, you just appeal until you get to the hearing level and usually get approved there, or even before that sometimes...but don't let being denied right away stop you, that is their tactic, just stick to your guns and your medical documentation and you will be ok.
      Last edited by ICNDonna; 12-08-2008, 01:59 AM. Reason: Advertising

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much for the info. I did go ahead and start the process and am hopeing with all that I was able to list on the form that I don't get denied but I am not holding my breath knowing that most get denied the first round. lol

Comment

and to the ICN! So sorry to hear you have IC too and also sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. But, the good news is that now that you have found this site, you will get lots of valuable info and support. There's nothing like talking to other ppl going thru the same things that you are!

I am not sure how SSDI works, but for SSD, I am pretty sure you have to have been d/xed for at least 6 months or else it is an automatic denial because of that. The reason for this is because so many ppl DO get better and are able to continue to work once they get started on the meds and treatment. But, to be sure, you can always go to Social Security's site and read up on it, or else call your local office and ask them. Like I said, it may be different for SSDI, I am not sure about that one. I am just going on SSD.

But, regarding welfare, I would definately talk to your Dr. about this and and ask him to write a letter for you stating that you are disabled. Then, turn this in to the welfare office, and ask them what to do. There has got to be some kind of provision for when this happens to someone. After all, you cant be the first one to have this happen!

Hopefully, the meds and treatments your Dr. gives you will kick in very quickly for you and you will feel well enough that you will be able to go back to work. Though it does sometimes take a while to find the right combo of meds to work for each patient, most of them DO end up getting relief and most ICers are able to continue working.

I know it can seem overwhelming when you read the posts here and you are new. But, it helps to remember that most ppl that are on here are here b/c they are newbies too, or else they are currently in a flare and just need some temporary info and support. There are also lots of ICers who are here even though they are in remission or feeling better, but we stick around to help out others.

I hope you feel better very soon and that your Dr. will agree to write the letter for you.

Sending hugs,
          Amaranthe
          I am not a medical professional. I do not give medical advice. In all cases, I urge you to talk to your Dr. about your treatment options.

D/Xed 2003 with IC. Also have the co-existing condtions of VV, Vulvadynia, Lupus, Fibro, GERD, CPP, Endo, & Adhesions, and Depression

Meds: Estrogel (due to total Hyster)
          The meds r/xed by my Pain Dr. from the Pain Clinic are as follows: Morphine ER and IR, Baclofen, and Lyrica and Seroquel (used off-label as a sleeping pill, but it also helps with depression)

(I listed my meds in case someone reading this has been told like so many ICers that Drs dont r/x pain meds for IC.) I want you to know that there ARE tons of us who are also dealing w/this disease and the pain and many of us ARE on pain meds.)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Working...
          X