Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW the best site yet for meds. WOW

Needy Meds
    Directory of pharmaceutical manufacturers' financial assistance programs for patients (primarily in the US) who can't afford their prescription...
    http://www.needymeds.com/

i have looked over this site and its wonderful!! great deals on its meds plus it will help you get some meds free BY INCOME. I just can't say enough good things about this site.
    Rhonda:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

i'm so happy i have found all types of updated sites and new sites for help getting meds please look at them.

Prescription Drug Assistance - A Guide to Progams and Benefits
    Consumers with low income may be eligible for greater savings through the Low Cost Drugs for the Elderly and Disabled (DEL) program. Call your...
    http://www.state.me.us/dhs/beas/medbook.htm

this site here has all type of help with meds from low income to free medicine.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Comment

this one is for Seniors, disabled uninsured and others

State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
      (includes seniors, disabled, uninsured and others)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of February 15, 2004 at least 38 states have established or authorized some type of program to provide pharmaceutical coverage or assistance, primarily to low-income elderly or persons with disabilities who do not qualify for Medicaid. Most programs utilize state funds to subsidize a portion of the costs, usually for a defined population that meets enrollment criteria, but others use discounts or bulk purchasing approaches.

9. Prescription Drug Assistance - A Guide to Progams and Benefits
      Consumers with low income may be eligible for greater savings through the Low Cost Drugs for the Elderly and Disabled (DEL) program. Call your...
      http://www.state.me.us/dhs/beas/medbook.htm

Comment

. Medbank of Maryland, Inc.
        ...access to prescription medications for chronically ill, low-income, underinsured/uninsured ... $26.6 million dollars in free medicine has been...
        http://www.medbankmd.org/

MEDBANK of Maryland, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to provide access to prescription medications for chronically ill, low-income, underinsured/uninsured Maryland residents. MEDBANK assists healthcare providers and patients in completing the paperwork required to enroll patients in Pharmaceutical Company Patient Assistance Programs.

MEDBANK of Maryland, Inc., is the umbrella organization for statewide Medbank services and the regional service provider for Central Maryland.

Accomplishments of The Maryland Medbank Program statewide are:

202,312 prescriptions processed for 26,479 patients
        $43.7 million dollars in free medicine has been received by patients
        Above are cumulative totals for July 2001 through February 2004.

To find out more about how you can benefit from this program or how you can help, please use the links from the left side of the screen.

MEDBANK Media Contact.

Comment

. free medication for low income and elderly
          Lithium info ... see also Lithium (National Library of Medicine) ... There are companies who offer free medications to low-income people.
          http://www.lorenbennett.org/freemeds.htm

There are some pharmaceutical companies that offer free medications to low-income families. They require a doctor's consent and proof of your financial status. Depending on what your insurance covers, you may be able to apply. A few companies even allow family incomes as high as $40,000 annually (offset by expenses, of course).

Maryland residents who need free medications can receive assistance in obtaining them. MEDBANK of Maryland, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to provide access to prescription medications for chronically ill, low-income, underinsured/uninsured Maryland residents. MEDBANK assists healthcare providers and patients in completing the paperwork required to enroll patients in Pharmaceutical Company Patient Assistance Programs. The program is now available statewide. Those interested in more information about the Maryland Medbank Program should call (410) 821-9262.

Here is a list of psychotropic medications with corresponding companies that feature patient-assistance programs and their contact numbers. Each medication listed has a link to either drug information provided at the pharmaceutical company website, or, if that is not available, information from Internet Mental Health.

Note: Some of these companies may prefer to speak directly with your doctor

Comment

Free Medications for Low Income People
            Revised March 19, 2004. Free Prescription Drugs For Low Income People ... by. Thomas L. Jones, Ph.D. ... See News coverage of The Medicine Program.
            http://users.erols.com/jones3745/free1b.htm

Physical, mental health illnesses hinder low-income families'
            In a study of 254 low-income families in three U.S. cities, 52 percent report concurrent physical and mental health problems in both the primary...
            http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-pmh081502.php

Prescription Drugs | Cost Prompts Low-Income, Minority Seniors To
            Prescription Drugs | Cost Prompts Low-Income, Minority Seniors To Restrict Prescription Drug ... Journal of General Internal Medicine...
            http://www.kaisernetwork.org/daily_r...cfm?DR_ID=8446

OHSU News Release
            BREAST CANCER PROGRAM FOR LOW-INCOME WOMEN SUGGESTS VITAL IMPORTANCE OF ACCESS TO SCREENING ... oncology) in the OHSU School of Medicine and a...
            http://www.ohsu.edu/news/2003/081103scrn.html

Standard depression treatments found effective for low-income
            Standard depression treatments found effective for low-income minority women ... The Medical Center includes the School of Medicine and the...
            http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-sdt063003.php

National Child Care Information Center
            Child Care for Low Income Families: Summary of Two Workshops ... Institute of Medicine. This publication can also be found on the World Wide Web...
            http://www.nccic.org/research/nrc_care/c_care.html

free and cheap prescriptions for low income households
            ...free and cheap prescriptions for low income households ... range is from below poverty level up to $50,000.00. Free medicine or more specifically...
            http://www.impactstaf.com/low-income-prescriptions.html

Comment

Has anyone used needymeds.com? I took a look at it a while ago and couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do.
              Sarah
              The avid San Antonio Spurs fan...

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt

But if I must afflicted be,
              To suit some wise design;
              Then, man my soul with firm resolves
              To bear and not repine!
              Robert Burns

Comment

Rhonda, you put a lot of work into this. Thank you. It will come in handy for a lot of us.
                Bianchi

Comment

my aunt has some numbers from places she gets discounts and all type of free medicine from. (each number does diff meds for her) i ment to get them today when i was talking to her but I forgot but will call her back to get them.

As for these site. I've never used any of them but tried to check them out as well as i could. Like looking to make sure they don't have anything against them in the bbb website.

Anytime any of you decide to uses these site please do your own reseach by checking threw the b.b.b. just in case something new has came against one of these companies.
                  this thread was back in April of this year so I really would recheck them before i used them.
                  I'm just happy if just one of these sites help one person it makes all the work worth wild to me.
                  I've gotten behind when i got so ill, but i'm doing much better and with Christmas coming up they should be updateing there sites soon with funds I will be on the look out to see If i can find some updates so you all will know who has funds and who doesn't
                  just plz remember to check them out before using them.

Thank you for your kind words
                  Rhonda

Comment

I have also found needymeds.com to be SO helpful. very easy to use site and informative.

For the person who asked, there is a link there that will say "first time users click here" just click on that, it should explain things. Basically you can look up the drug by brand name or generic, then click on it and it will give you the instructions about how to download the application and what the requirements are.

The only bad thing I've found, is most of these programs will only send the drugs to the prescribing dr. Well, I'm in a study at a hospital 75 miles away. I dont know if my local dr will prescribe what I need (and thus, more office calls, of which of course I have no insurace to cover!) ugh.

IC Symptoms since 04/05
                    Finished NIDDK Amitriptyline Study 11/05

Current Meds:
                    Elmiron 400mg (since 12/13/05)

Comment

My aunt doesn't have to see her doctor when she goes pick up her medicine all she has to do is go in and tell them her name and the medicine she is there to pick up. That way there is no ex. charge to her.
                      Janice could you call and ask your dr. office if you could do that without seeing the doctor each time you go in? that way all your doing is running in to get your medicine.
                      If the doctor will order it sometimes the drug companies will fed ex or UPS your medicine to your home. then all you have to do is show your I.D and sign for it.
                      I would call your dr. office and see how they can help you with this.
                      I hope it all works out for the best so you can get your medicine without having to pay to see you doctor each time.

Which honestly it doesn't seem like you would have to see your doctor each time to just pick up your medicine unless you need a new RX or you are sick for some reason and its a must see visit.
                      I'm still waiting to get those numbers she has so i can post them. She was sick today when i called her so i didn't even ask her for them, but once she is feeling better I will get them. I PROMISE.
                      she told me each number she has. (about six or seven of them) helps her with diff. meds she either gets them free or at a very low discount price. she doesn't have no RX coverage, but yet she gets ssd and draws off her late husband and isn't hurting for money either. (i wish we all could say that LOL) so I do believe if they help her they will help many of us others out here without drug coverage. I know she makes over the limit for most of the drug companies I find on line so i believe once i can get those number from her it will help many many people here.
                      Rhonda

Comment

Hi Rhonda, well for me its more about getting them to prescribe it in the first place, I don't think the picking up part will be an issue. But I don't know if I will have to come in for more office calls, just to get the stuff prescribed for me is what I meant, and then who knows, sometimes you have to switch meds/med combinations. . I'll have to see.

I guess the important part is getting the medications, LOL!

Thanks!
                        Janice

IC Symptoms since 04/05
                        Finished NIDDK Amitriptyline Study 11/05

Current Meds:
                        Elmiron 400mg (since 12/13/05)

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, I'm going to take a look at it right away.
                          Sarah

To bear and not repine!
                          Robert Burns

Comment

I just posted a new thred that has about seven diff. toll free numbers that will help people with there medicine each number helps with diff types of meds and they go by your income on how much you have to pay if any thing.
                            best wishes i hope those numbers can help ya'll too.
                            rhonda

Comment

You're awesome, thank you!
                              Sarah

To bear and not repine!
                              Robert Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X