• Aaarrrggghhh
    replied
    Re: Help with funds

Send me your go fund me link please.

Leave a comment:

• Nissaann
    replied

Ahhh okay I gotcha. I got gives once cause I was allergic to hair dye and I took benadryl to get rid of them. Last night my arm was really itchy and when I looked at it there were tiny little bumps in one patch on my arm. Does IC cause that too? Cause I haven't used any new soap or eaten anything new.

Leave a comment:

• icshorty
    replied

One of the causes of IC pain is a malfunction of the our "mast cells" in the bladder. Antihistamines help block the mast cells releasing histamine. There are only 2 kinds of Zyrtec - one that is taken every 12 hours or one that is taken every 24 hours. My Uro told me that Zyrtec/Cetirizine was the most effective OTC antihistamine for IC.It doesn't work for everyone,but when it does it is great.A side effect of antihistamines is drowsiness.

Leave a comment:

• Nissaann
    replied

What does the antihistamine do? Is it a pain reliever? And I tried taking 4 a day. One in the morning, one in the afternoon and two at night but when I took two at night I felt dizzy.

Leave a comment:

• icshorty
    replied

My point with the Elmiron is that many patients need higher doses for adequate relief- it is very individual. And you can try adding over the counter Zyrtec(ceterizine). If taking this over the counter antihistamine helps you then your doctor may prescribe a stronger prescription antihistamine (hydroxyzine) which is a commonly used medicine for IC. You can take Zyrtec or hydroxyzine while using Elmiron.

Leave a comment:

• Nissaann
    replied

Haha sorry. I'm really bad with names unless its chiseled in my brain. And ok I will

Leave a comment:

• Nissaann
    replied

Oh well I'm not taking any thing else besides elmiron, I guess it's just taking forver. The crappy thing is that's all my doctor gave me

Leave a comment:

• icshorty
    replied

Originally posted by Nissaann View Post
    Johnson and Johnson pays for it for me and they are a godsend! I put lots of other things in my tea depending on how I'm feeling. I have dandelion, catnip, sage, raspberry leaf, marshmallow root, comfrey leaf and a couple of other things. And no I haven't heard of her but I will look
    Haven't heard of her! Jill Osborne RN, is the founder of the IC Network-you are on the forum of the IC Network! Go to the IC Network home page and spend some time learning from the valuable resources Jill has made available for all of us.

Leave a comment:

• icshorty
    replied

I am not sure that you can say that Elmiron "isn't working for you" until you stop taking the NSAID drugs which could be undoing all the good that Elmiron is giving you.Also,I know from the forum that not only can Elmiron take months and months to work and people also may have to take higher doses than they start out with.

Leave a comment:

• Nissaann
    replied

Johnson and Johnson pays for it for me and they are a godsend! I put lots of other things in my tea depending on how I'm feeling. I have dandelion, catnip, sage, raspberry leaf, marshmallow root, comfrey leaf and a couple of other things. And no I haven't heard of her but I will look

Leave a comment:

• icshorty
    replied

No idea-but I'm wondering exactly what is in your herbal teas. I can't drink many herbal teas. If they aren't something like Rooibos or chamomile, maybe you should try switching to those (or plain water) to see if it helps. How can you afford Elimiron with no insurance? Maybe you need a higher dose of Elmiron? Have you watched Jill's videos about the AUA guidelines for IC treatment? The are non prescription medications that are recommended early on (good to know if you can't afford Elmiron,which lots of people struggle with) .

Leave a comment:

• Nissaann
    started a topic Help with funds

Help with funds

Hey guys! So I'm in the midst of trying to get approved for disability and I need to see a urologist and go over other treatment options because elmiron simply isn't working for me. I just lost my insurance (Medicaid) because I switched states. Tennessee only covers the elderly, pregnant and confirmed disabled. I set up a gofundme and everything but it's not getting out there I guess. As of right now I don't have a job because I can't even get out of the bed 80% of the time, which is why I want to see a urologist for better treatments. I was told it's be 200$ just for the visit and with no income it's hard to come up with that. Is their a source that you all know of that helps people like us? I've googled day and night and can't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Working...
X