X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Re: What to do? Denied prescription

Holy smokes... the nurse called you a "deadbeat?" I would definitely consider filing a complaint if you are no longer going to see that doctor. That's an unconscionable abuse of a patient in my humble opinion. That said, Donna has a strong point... Many plans require that a patient be seen and examined atleast once a year before a new prescription can be given.

You could see if there is a patient or drug assistance program for oxybutynin/Ditropan! That could get you the meds for free but you'll need a doctor to issue the prescription darn it.

Did your primary care offer an explanation as to why he wouldn't prescribe this medication?

Also... many patients who can't afford treatments transition over to supplements instead.. like Desert Harvest Aloe, CystoProtek, Cysto Renew. And you can use a very low dose to make the bottle last longer.

Remember too that bladder spasms are often the result of a very very raw, irritated bladder... so this is the time to follow the diet more closely.

I'm so sorry that you were treated this way. It's appalling.

Jill

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

If you haven't seen that doctor for over a year, depending on where you live, it may not be legal for him to prescribe for you. If the ordering doctor has a payment plan that would allow you to go that direction, it could be your best bet. And they might even have some samples available.

I wish I could help.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• lalarainbow
    replied

Oh my... The nurse called you a dead beat? She should not be a nurse........ How rude..Can you put in a complaint.. that is down right mean.
    Oxybutynin is not addictive that I know of.. I don't understand their thinking at all..
    Hopefully someone on here here knows more about your medical system and how you can get help.. I assume you are in USA. I am in Canada...
    Sorry I am not very helpful...

Leave a comment:

• firewick
    started a topic What to do? Denied prescription

What to do? Denied prescription

I am struggling with finances right now. After a year, my prescription for oxybutynin is out since last month. My symptoms are worsened like before when I thought I had IC. I called the medicine in, and they rejected it telling me to come in. I called the doctor, and he doesn't take my health insurance anymore, started talking about a payment plan or something like a medical credit card. I asked him just to write a script, and he said no. I explained that I can't afford it, and his nurse told me 'get a job deadbeat.' and hung up. ***? I explained how I would have to fast for weeks just to be able to afford to go.

Anyway, I went to a family dr explaining I had overactive bladder, they wouldn't write a prescription. ***? It's not like it's addictive. I started fasting, I haven't really had much to eat for the past two weeks and I still haven't saved enough money to go to dr. I put some old clothes, old laptop, and old game system that I found out in the garage on ebay and nobody is buying. I don't have much at all. What to do?
Working...
X