freemedicine.com is a scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freemedicine.com is a scam

Just wanted to let you all know that freemedicine.com is a bad company. There are lots of terrible reviews about them taking money and not sending anything and then won't refund the money. The BBB gives them a F.

I filled out the form on line but then never sent it in because they were asking for my checking account number and driver's license number. BUT...they sent me e-mails and called me!!!! I never pushed send!!!!

Stay away!!!
    Dawn

Never under any circumstances give anyone on the internet your checking account number or driver's license number or social security number.

You made a wise decision!

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Yikes! Good thing you didn't enter your numbers!
      Please consider food allergy testing. My regular doc thought the idea was pointless. My IC doc referred me to allergist and I found I have severe multiple food allergies that seem to be causing the bulk of my bad IC symptoms.

Severe IC w/Hunners Ulcers, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Myofascial Pain, Severe Multiple Food Allergies(corn, milk, egg, beef, tomato, string bean, peas, sulfites) w/severe enviro allergies to go along.

Current Meds:

Amitriptyline 10mg @ bedtime
      Atarax - 50 mg @ bedtime
      Loratadine - 10mg in morning
      Pepcid - 20 mg in morning
      Klonopin - .5 as needed & @ bedtime
      Endocet 10/325 - as needed
      Flexeril - as needed
      Prelief as needed

On harsh diet. Low-acid IC diet with 100% avoidance of egg, corn, milk, and sulfites. Not fun at all...

Didn't Help:
      Pyridium as needed
      Elmiron instills 2x/week

Stopped due to loss of medical coverage:
      Lyrica - 150mg 2x day
      Savella - 50mg 2x day
      Elmiron - 100mg 3x day

Procedures:

7-8-09 Laparoscopy, hysterscopy, D&C, endometrial ablasion, bladder hydrodistention and cystoscopy. Found large fibroid on outside of uterus and removed it and they found large Hunners Ulcurs on my bladder indicating moderate to severe IC.

Comment

OMG, it is a good thing you didn't enter any numbers if they kept your info from just you typing it in the form! That's scary stuff!

I had that happen with an online form for one of those schools that you do like mail-order (now online) classes. I was looking for some info only - I never entered in my work number, I mean why would I want them calling me at work etc (and people thinking I am looking for another job instead of a supplemental one). Well, they did just that! Called me at work - I never ever gave them my number!!!!!!!!!! And to top it off, the man was so rude to me I was stunned, tried to bully me into paying for the course I supposedly signed up for etc. It was unreal!
        Hugs,
        Tracey
        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
        Others:
        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Thank goodness you never sent your information! Thank you for posting this!

Aleet7
          DX'd with IC 5/08
          other Dx's~SVT: had Catheter
          Catheter Ablation Aug 19,2010
          Migraines, PFD, Hypertension,
          Prolapsed Pelvic
          Organs and Degenerative Disc
          Disease, Kidney stones, Insomnia
          Two bulging discs w/tears and osteo
          arthritis in multiple joints in the spine

Current Meds:Elmiron 400 mg per day
          Benicar Hct 40-25mg for Hypertension
          Norvasc 2.5
          Vicoden as needed for pain
          Cymbalta 30 mg
          Prelief
          CystaQ
          Prosed
          Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
          I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

This is along the same lines but a little different. The other day I received an e-mail from my bank (it was in the junk mail) and it said that someone was trying to tampering with my accounts. I looked on line and my account looked fine, so I called the bank and said I received this e-mail from them and it was from soandso. The bank said they never did. Luckily, I didn't opened it as it was just a scam to get my information from me.

Comment

help with meds

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. We've had a lot of luck in the past going directly to the drug manufacturers, my husband had free Elmoron for six months (didn't work) and also gets free meds for Cymbalta and his COPD inhalers. Now working on the pain meds (oxycodone and fentanyl) and may have a problem with that as he is on disability/Medicare but doesn't have Part D, as we would be in the donut hole in two months, so it didn't make sense. Will let you know how we make out.

Comment

Originally posted by bob04951 View Post
                Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. We've had a lot of luck in the past going directly to the drug manufacturers, my husband had free Elmoron for six months (didn't work) and also gets free meds for Cymbalta and his COPD inhalers. Now working on the pain meds (oxycodone and fentanyl) and may have a problem with that as he is on disability/Medicare but doesn't have Part D, as we would be in the donut hole in two months, so it didn't make sense. Will let you know how we make out.
                medicare D in my opinoin is terrible drug coverage. This is insurance for our seniors and disabled. .I pay more out of pocket then when I worked full time and made good salary.
                I go without many meds as medicare does NOT cover them and if so they are so expensive they willl put u in donut hole in no time. Once in donut hole u have no drug coverage until 5k out of pocket costs till plan kicks back in

what is sad when u look at drug companies drug asst web sites and even for coupons u dont qualify if on medicare d. I dont get it those on medicare d on fixed income so why not reduced copays or coupons? only those with no insurance get drug asst or those with private insurance can get say lunesta for 50 copay but if on medicare d lunesta for u ur copay try 98.00 month

cymbalta on medicare d high copay yes will take u to donut hole . U must go to medicares web site type in ur meds and it will give u total annual costs of your med for year and what medicare d plan best for u $$ .

I will tell u all medicar d premiums just doubled montly costs and copays on meds doubled. IF u dont have generic level one med it is so expensive towards donut hole
                donut hole not going away till 2020
                so go to medicare web site do ur meds see what plans are best for u $$
                yes depending on amount and what meds u take for some best to forego medicare d and apply for drug asst or reduced copays. yes. do ur research

I go without so many meds due to medicare d. I miss my private medical insurance very much= one of big reasons I so wish I could work .

Comment

Working...
                X