Disability Exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability Exam

I am scheduled for a doctor's exam that was requested by Social Security. This is requested as part of the process to decide if I am disabled. Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated. What type of exam would be done? Has anyone else had an exam of this type? I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance for any of your comments. Mare

THis is a normal process with SS disablity. I was sent to a psyh exam and also a regular exam by a SS approved doctor. Unfort. for me, my doctor had no idea what IC was or is. I knew when I left that he would tell them I was fine. And sure enough 5 days later I got my disapproval letter.

The doctor did a exam asked a bunch of questions, what meds I took, took xrays, cause I had scolocisis and so forth.

Try not to worry to much about it. I hope all goes well and you have a doctor who actually knows what he talking about and you get approved fast. Good luck
    God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
    www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
    Interstim Sept 2001
    1st InterStim Removal May 2005
    2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
    2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
    Hysterectomy 1999
    Tubes Tied 1997
    C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

I had to see doctors since I am applying for disability and they sent me to have a psychological exam and then I had a internist exam( basic physical)..I had that done end of January so basically now just waiting to hear back from them if approved or not..This is my 2nd time applying and hope it works out..

Jennifer
      Interstitial Cystitis(Interstim Therapy)
      IBS
      Fibromyalgia
      Pseudotumor cerebri
      Type 2 Diabetes

Comment

It may be a good idea to print some info from this site and take it with you. Something like one of the transcripts or articles from an actual MD would probably be the best. Another good thing to take would be the SSA Ruling on IC. Since this Dr will be evaluating you solely for the purpose of qualifying for SSDI, the ruling would be an excellent thing for him to have - that way you can highlight the important parts and explain exactly how they relate to your specific case.
        The one thing I learned while preparing my case was to ALWAYS be over prepared!
        Elle

Comment

Thanks to all of you who have replied to my post. I do have a copy of the SS ruling about IC. I will be taking that with me. Warm regards, Mare

Comment

good luck Mare! I really hope you get approved ASAP! I am getting ready to do the same, I am doing my "homework" on what to do. Where can I find this SSA ruleing? I don't even know what this is. Thanks for any info.
            Take care all and God Bless, Cassandra
            dx Fibromyalgia April 2000
            dx Endo. Dec. 2003 had hystorectomy Feb. 2004
            dx IC May 2004
            dx Acid Reflex Nov. 2009
            dx Restless Leg Syndrom July 2010
            dx Degenerative Arthritis in my spine Oct. 2011
            lost my mind: A long time ago!! LOL

Isaiah 41:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Meds: Elmiron 100mg once daily, Gabapentin 3200mg daily for nerve pain, Trazadone 50mg, Morphine ER 30mgs 2 times a day for chronic pain , Norco 10/325mg 2 times a day for breakthrough pain, Simvastatin 20mg for high cholesterol, Omeprazole 40mg once a day for Acid reflux, Oxybutynin 5mg twice daily for bladder frequency and spasms, Pyridium as needed, and Zyrtec once daily for allergies
            Also a big hug and kiss from my husband Joe and my 4 kids-Jo-Jo, Jenae, Victoria, and Janelle everyday as needed, ( I take this "med" often )!!!!

Comment

HI Cassandra,

The SS ruling is available on line at the Interstitial Cystitis Association's website. It is at ttp://www.ichelp.org/Disability/LongAwaitedSSDRulingForIC.html

If you look on that page, it will show you the exact site to click on to get the four pages of the Social Security's own ruling regarding this condition. Good luck, hope that your process ends well for you. warm regards, Mare

Comment

Thank you sooooo much Mare, I really apreciate your help and concern. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for the info, it has really helping.
                Take care and God Bless, Cassandra
                dx Fibromyalgia April 2000
                dx Endo. Dec. 2003 had hystorectomy Feb. 2004
                dx IC May 2004
                dx Acid Reflex Nov. 2009
                dx Restless Leg Syndrom July 2010
                dx Degenerative Arthritis in my spine Oct. 2011
                lost my mind: A long time ago!! LOL

Isaiah 41:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Meds: Elmiron 100mg once daily, Gabapentin 3200mg daily for nerve pain, Trazadone 50mg, Morphine ER 30mgs 2 times a day for chronic pain , Norco 10/325mg 2 times a day for breakthrough pain, Simvastatin 20mg for high cholesterol, Omeprazole 40mg once a day for Acid reflux, Oxybutynin 5mg twice daily for bladder frequency and spasms, Pyridium as needed, and Zyrtec once daily for allergies
                Also a big hug and kiss from my husband Joe and my 4 kids-Jo-Jo, Jenae, Victoria, and Janelle everyday as needed, ( I take this "med" often )!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X