I am OFFICIALLY filing for LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am OFFICIALLY filing for LTD

Saw my doctor today and he is finishing the forms as we speak for me to pick up at 1:30 today.

I talked with my office mgr this morning and I will be sitting down with her and the boss this afternoon to discuss the terms of me applying for disability and how I will work out my final days here.

Somehow, I really am almost feeling a sense of relief instead of anxiety, funny. I have cried so much this morning that I don't think I have any tears left.

I don't know if this move is going to be permanent of semi-permanent but all I can look forward to is one day collecting a check each month and not feeling like I have to kill myself brutally each day in the process to earn it.

Blessings to all who have been here.
    Wendi
    IC symptoms began in 1975; diagnosed in March 2006.
    Other conditions: PFD, Migraine, VV, Total Abd Hysterectormy on 12/27,06 for Cervical Cancer, Fibromyalgia.
    Current Daily Meds: Roxicet, Methadone, Flexoril, Flomax
    I use Prayer, Yoga, Relaxation Breathing and TENS to help relieve stress, anxiety and pain- LOTS of make up to hide my true identity!

myspace page:www.myspace.com/armslee

Wendi,

I know it was a hard decision, but I definately think it was the right one. I know you have struggled with this choice for a long time. But, I do think that you are doing the right thing.

I am so glad you are feeling peace with your choice. It makes things much easier when you dont have that anxiety.

I hope that you get approved quickly.

Hugs,
    Amy

Comment

Good for you. I hope all goes well and this will make your life less stressful. Good luck

Comment

It sounds like this might be the right way to go for you... I'm glad you finally made the decision
        Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
        *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
        *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
        *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Keeping everything crossed, Wendi...hoping that everything goes quickly and smoothly.
          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Yeah, me too. I picked up the forms from my doctor's office and all my pathology reports, surgical reports and hospital write up. Weird to read about yourself like that.

I am going to go ahead and purchase the disability kit from the ICA to go along with my forms, I hear that helps. Now I am just waiting for my boss to get back to the office so we can get the show on the road.
            Wendi
            IC symptoms began in 1975; diagnosed in March 2006.
            Other conditions: PFD, Migraine, VV, Total Abd Hysterectormy on 12/27,06 for Cervical Cancer, Fibromyalgia.
            Current Daily Meds: Roxicet, Methadone, Flexoril, Flomax
            I use Prayer, Yoga, Relaxation Breathing and TENS to help relieve stress, anxiety and pain- LOTS of make up to hide my true identity!

myspace page:www.myspace.com/armslee

Comment

Working...
            X