I was approved in ten weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was approved in ten weeks!

Thank you so much for posting advice on this site on how to get disability. I had a severe case of IC and my family's finances were suffering. I ordered the disability book on this site as well as the disability packet on the ICA site. Thanks for your support.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

That is WONDEFUL!!...and almost unheard of! I'm so glad your approval came quickly! :woohoo: :woohoo:
      If you don't mind me asking...Were you approved for SSI Disability or SSDisability Insurance? I'm just curious.
      Hopefully your quick approval is a sign of change in the way IC patients' cases are handled!
      Elle

Comment

That is so great!

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

WOW-- wonderful, this is unheard of! Congratulations.:woohoo:

Comment

Yeah how wonderful:woohoo: I am so hoping that those of us that have had to endure years of waiting, might actually be making a dent in the process of approval for SSD. I waited almost 3 yrs.....Again I am so happy for you

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
            God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
            www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
            Interstim Sept 2001
            1st InterStim Removal May 2005
            2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
            2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
            Hysterectomy 1999
            Tubes Tied 1997
            C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

:woohoo: So glad to hear you have been approved!!! That is awesome! I really hope the tide is finally turning and we will be reading about more and more ICers finally being approved. This is great news! I am very happy for you!

Hugs,
              Amy

Comment

Wow! Mazel Tov!
                Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Update

I decided to accept SSDI instead of SSI. Our income was borderline and my husband should be getting a raise soon. Since I have good insurance, I thought that SSDI would be the most reliable plan for me. I think that applying for SSI and SSDI at the initial application definitely sped up the process.

Comment

I am so happy for you! I have often thought of applying for SSI or SSDI. I just don't know what to do. What is the typical wait for SSI/SSDI aaproval fro IC, depression, PTSD, and Anxiety Disorders? That is what I have. I am in pain all the time! The little I can work I have too because if i don't we will be living on the streets! What do you guys think?
                    Teresa Swisher

Comment

There is no "typical" wait, as far as I can tell, and it can depend on something as simple as the number of applications that your local office has to process. Ten weeks is amazing, almost unheard of, and the range can be from there up to three years or more. It's a good idea to order the Social Security Kit, and get your application going as soon as you can. I am in limbo -- still waiting to hear.
                      Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                      Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Should you apply for SSDI?

Vocalsgsc,

I would suggest reading the disability book found in the ICN shop. It will inform you regarding if your particular situation will qualify. Your IC would either need to be very severe or the combination of your conditions would need to be serious enough to prevent you from working.
                        Also, consider your financial situation. Do you have a spouse or relative that could support you during the SSDI application process? If your income is under the SSI limit, it is possible to be receive SSI before your claim is officially awared (at least this is my understanding). Please verify this information on the Social Security Website.
                        I treated my SSDI application like it was the most important project of my life. I turned in a huge, professional packet and even wrote my own refferrral letter to SSI based on my medical records since my doctor was too busy. He had written on my medical records that I was unable to work, which I referenced in my letter to Social Security. My doctor keeps all of my records on the computer, whcih has resulted in a very thourough and extensive file. God bless! Hugs!

Happymom

Comment

That's Great! I wish it went that fast for me.

Comment

I am so happy you were approved so quickly! It is a reflection your brain power and all you hard work!! It is rare to get approved that quickly in any state. You have given people great advice on how to get approved. Many people should be approved quicker, but may be delayed because of lack of records, the records not being organized or a clear summary made of ones condition and a non-supportive doctor at the helm. The book/kit the ICN shop has is great! It helped me years ago.

Again congrats!

ads

Originally posted by happymom View Post
                            Vocalsgsc,

... I treated my SSDI application like it was the most important project of my life. I turned in a huge, professional packet and even wrote my own refferrral letter to SSI based on my medical records since my doctor was too busy. He had written on my medical records that I was unable to work, which I referenced in my letter to Social Security. My doctor keeps all of my records on the computer, whcih has resulted in a very thourough and extensive file. God bless! Hugs!

Happymom

Comment

Working...
                            X