Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

says not enough credits in right time period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cass2376
    replied
    Wow Kirstin, your post sounds just like what I am going through!! My husband is getting impatient with me as well for not being able to work. He says the same thing about being able to sit at home and pick up kids from school, ect. but why can't I get a desk job? It's like DUH, I am on meds cancer patients take, I can't get up most mornings due to pain, some days (a lot more than I would like), I stay on the couch in my P.J.s from the day before in a ball from the pain. Would we be able to do this all at a "desk job"? I am sure the boss will love me coming in late almost everyday just to fall asleep at the desk from drowseyness, take about 20 breaks to pee or to lay down in the breakroom to roll up in a ball w/ the heating pad whenever I need to, oh and I am sure coming to work w/out a shower and in my P.J.s will go over great as well. Ya know what I mean? Anyway, I have been off of work since May of last year and our marriage is getting strained as well from finances as well. I always feel like it is my fault for all the finances because I am not working, but I can't help it!!!!! Any help would be apreciated! The last post I read said that someone "bumped" some info for someone reg. not having enough credits but I don't see the info. Can anyone explain how I can find that post please? Thanks! I apreciate all the help you all are sending me and the others that need it! You are all Godsends! I just need to be able to find out where to get the info you all have on this subject. Thanks!
    Take care and God Bless, Cassandra
    P.S. I have not applyed yet cause I wanted to know if it is even possiable to get dis. without enough credits first. I was thinking that why not just go for it anyway instead of just waiting around? what do you think? The least they can do is say NO! I just wanted to be prepaired w/ this info... anyway, goodbye!

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    Thanks Laura
    Any $$$ is better than nothing. I just need to cover meds/co-pays. $20 co-pays really add up.
    I'll start filling out my paperwork too--send it off and see what happens.

angie

Leave a comment:

• mlch
    replied
    here I found it and bumped it up for you.
    I am the original poster: mlch
    and it is titled: unemployeed when dx w/IC can I still get SSDI
    HTH
    BTW: I have finally completed my online application. I just haven't hit send yet. I keep looking at it wondering if I should change some wording here and there. So afraid if I say the wrong thing or forget to list something that I will be denied.

Leave a comment:

• mlch
    replied
    Originally posted by **Angie** View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm short 1 credit. We shouldn't be penalized for staying home to raise our children.
    Same boat too. Was dx 3 months too late to qualify. My benefits ended dec 2005 by the time I was dx it was March 2006 by that time I no longer had the 20 credits in the last 10 years as I quit work in 2000 to stay home with the kids.

There is a clause that you can still use that allows a parent to stay home for up to 3 years with a young child. I was told about it here. Let me see if I can find it bump it up for you. I do believe though you will get a lower monthly check as they count in the 0 dollar earned during those none working years.

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I'm in the same boat. I'm short 1 credit. We shouldn't be penalized for staying home to raise our children. My husband and I decided we would be financially strapped until our youngest was in school fulltime then I'd go to work pt--which I did. I worked for about 2 years then was layed off. While looking for another pt job I was hit with IC. I have been unable to work for 2 1/2 years and have been considering disablity. I've even sent off for a certified copy of my mariage license. I'm going to file for it and see what happens. Kids get more expensive, my medical bills are killing us, and the cost of living is too much -- we need a second income -- or more credit cards . There's got to be an exception for something somewhere--right? I know we're dealing with the gov't--good luck to all.

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    replied
    Barb RN

Thank you very much, I really appreciate all the information that you can give me. I am not sure about the work credits, but I know that ihaven't been out of work since September minua one month. I can't keepnot making money, it is really putting a strain on my marriage. My husband has no sympathy for me, because it isn't a disease like MS or something. And he doesn't understand why I can stay home and hang around the house but can't go to a job sitting all day. He doesn't care that i am on the same medicine that they give cncer patients for pain........
    So any help you could give me would be greaty appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    I will try to put some info together from the things I learned trying to apply the first time. I had the opposite problem in some ways, I hadn't been out of work long enough to qualify. So I'll try to put some info into one little "packet"and post it on here. My Dad deals with Social Security and disablility with his job so I hopefully can get some info from his office. I would up going back to work full time after Chris dumped me because there was no possible way I could not have income coming in for a year to qualify. My job now is going well with huge growth potential and will give me the ablility to take care of my Boo and myself and provides great benefits. I know how scary facing not working to qualify but also having enough credits is overwhelming. Give me a day or so and I'll put it together. You guys can PM me too.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    replied
    Barb RN

Is there information that you can share on this subject? I am getting ready to apply and I am also in need of all the help I can get.
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    Cass,
    PM me. I may have some info to help.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• cass2376
    replied
    Thank you!

Thank you so much Cardholic. That was so sweet of you to check things for me. I apreciate it! I will check the website. Thanks and God Bless, Cassandra

Leave a comment:

• Cardholic
    replied
    I don't know about SS personally, but I went to the website, and I see that there are 2 programs. One is if you worked long enough then you are "Insured" and the other is for people who are "not insured", but can still qualify for benefits based on financial need and disability. Check out this website: http://www.ssa.gov/disability/ They have a Benefits Eligibility Screening Tool that will help you. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• cass2376
    started a topic says not enough credits in right time period?

says not enough credits in right time period?

I hope someone might be able to help, ANY info would be GREATLY apreciated!
    I have been unable to work since May of last year due to severe IC and Fibro syntoms. I have had IC for at least 5yrs and Fibro for about 9yrs. Well my Doc tried to put me on the temp. disability through the EDD but they said I did not have any wages for the time period they go by so my Doc said to go for SS dis. forever. I already have a placard and was told I would never be able to work. I was just about to go to the ss office when I received something in the mail. Are any of you familiar with the "Social Security Statement" we all receive at least once a year? It is white with black writing and has some green lines throughout? It basicly lets you know your benifits for when you retire, if you die, or are disabled. It also shows ALL the years you work and how much you made. I hope you know what I am talking about. Anyway, I was reading mine and under the area that says what your benifits are for disability mine read...To get benefits if you become disabled right now, you need 20 credits of work. You had to earn these credits in the last 10 years. YOUR record shows you do not have enough credits in the RIGHT time period.???!! I was stunned. I do have 20 credits, and then some, but just NOT in the time period they need, the last 10 years. Now let me explain something, I am 33 and started working at 16 in 1989. I then worked every year untill 1997. I had my first child of four and decided to stay home and raise them. I stayed home with my kids from 1997-2002. I keep on having a new one every year so I stayed home and raised them. I went back to part time work in 2003 and worked till the end of 2005. I was not able to work all of 2006 due to being ill. Now, is there anything I can do or say to change this "time period" crap being that all I did "wrong" is stay home to raise my children? Is the fact that I stayed home with kids going to keep me from receiving badly needed disablity money? My doc says I am completly disabled and need to go on ssi to help us financally (sorry I can't spell worth beans!) What can I do? Should I try to apply anyway or is it useless? I thought I read something about this a couple of months ago. I think some other poor soul found herself in simular circumstances and I am trying to find out what happend to her. PLEASE!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME IF THEY KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL THAT MIGHT HELP ME. I am desprate!! My husband is a Pastor and does not make much and we have four kids under the age of 10, and I have not been able to work in almost a year!! We are barely making it and at times we don't and have to borrow alot from family and friends.... take about embarresing!! Sorry to be sooooo long, just wanted all my info out clearly so I can hopefully get help and advice!
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE!! I hope everyone is doing as good as can be expected... I miss everyone, I have not been on site lately, been VERY sick and VERY depressed. please keep myself and family in prayer.. Thanks and God Bless, Cassandra
Working...
X