• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Elle
    ICN Member

• Elle
    replied
    I know you were a bit concerned b/c of your young age. It's typically a bit more difficult to be approved at such a young age, but if you have your Dr's support, it's not impossible. I applied when I was your age and was eventually approved after roughly 4 years. It was a very long wait, but the judge set my effective date back to when I was in my late 20s. If you've been working since 15, you'll probably have enough credits, but call SSA to be sure. If you feel this is the only option, just apply soon, before you no longer have enough credits to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    ICN Member

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    You need to look at your Social Security Statement, which is issued to everyone once a year. If you don't have the statement, go to SSA.gov and request for it to be re-issued. It will tell you whether you have earned enough work credits, lifetime, to qualify for SSD.

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    Angel watching over us

• verdicries
    replied
    Thanks. I will bring it up when I go for the PST test next Fri.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    ICN Member

• tigger_gal
    replied
    anyone can appy for ssd. Let your doctors know that you plan on applying and ask them if they will fill out there paper work that would rule in your favor.

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    Angel watching over us

• verdicries
    started a topic Can I apply for SSD?

Can I apply for SSD?

I haven't worked since Jan 06, when I got pregnant and wound up having to quit (HORRIBLe pregnancy, hyperemesis, lost 25 lbs vomited till i delivered). i was on temp disablilty for awhile till it ran out.

i cannot work due to severe ic (and i have 2 herniated discs in my neck/lower back that also may need surgery...yikes) but am only 28. plus like i said i haven't worked since jan 06. can i apply for ssd? we could use the $ and i have worked since i was 15...any help is appreciated.

thanks,
    tracy
Working...
X