Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

denied/ put in request for consideration ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denied/ put in request for consideration ?

I was denied my first time applying for SSI/disability and I appealed it by a request for consideration...I was just wondering if anyone knew how long that process takes? Is it any different time amount then if I would of requested a hearing?Any info you could give me I would appreciate it..Thanks

Jennifer
    Interstitial Cystitis(Interstim Therapy)
    IBS
    Fibromyalgia
    Pseudotumor cerebri
    Type 2 Diabetes

When I applied, I was also denied initially. Then, I applied for the reconsideration. If I am remembering right, I think it took about 4-5 mo for the denial that time. Then, I filed the request for the hearing before the judge. I hired an attorney and ended up winning that time. I am by no means an expert on this, but I think you have to file for the reconsideration before they will let you file the request for the hearing. (Unless they have changed things or something, or unless I am just wrong. Like, I said, I am definately not an expert on this or anything! )

Anyway, good luck to you! I hope things go well for you and you win win this time!

Hugs,
    Amy

Comment

Please read our articles on SSA disability in our patient handbook. They provide timelines, etc.

http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Jill
      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Don't lose heart! SS denies at least 85% of applicants on the first round. A lot of those people get benefits on appeal or at the hearing.
        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

You have to go through a "Reconsideration" before reaching the Hearing Level. SSA has a different examiner review your case in the Reconsideration phase. From what my SS rep told me, they typically won't reverse at this stage unless there is new information. In my case, the Reconsideration phase took about 3 months. I was denied at this phase and went on to have a hearing at a later date. It really depends on each state's back log. Even though SS is a Federal program, it is administered by the individual states, some of which have back logs over a year or more to receive a hearing date. Your local office can give you a better idea of the waiting period.
          I would say to include as much "new" info with your reconsideration as possible. Like, new letters from your Drs stating plainly that you can no longer work and why you can't work. If the examiner has something new to use, I would think they'd be more likely to reverse the decision made by a co-worker. Good Luck!
          Elle

Comment

Working...
          X