Clear All

• sleepyangel30
    replied
    great to hear..

Leave a comment:

• GoldSeals
    replied
    Congratulations!
    One of my neighbors told me it took him 10 years to get his.He didnt have ic just a bad back and a few other medical problems.The only way he could get it was to be declared incompetant.His sister recieves the check and gives it to him.Thats a hell of a way to do it,but it worked out that way.
    I just have 10 months to go till my retirement and if I make it I will be able to survive.I can actually retire now,but the penalty is 10% deduction of my pension pay.When you add that to about $400 a month for health insurance it eats you alive.If I choose to go the disabled pension plan route on my pension I would lose even more.Not to mention when you do this it also reduces your ss disability according to my plan.

Leave a comment:

• tiggersorensen
    replied
    What was your hearing like?

My hearing is next month and I'm wondering what to expect? I have an attorney but I don't meet with him again until four days before the hearing. How long did your hearing take? When did you get your answer? Was anyone there (Dr's, family)? Did anyone have to testify? I would just really like to know what's going to happen. Be prepared and all.

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Kay,

That is great news!

:woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Mel53H
    replied
    Fantastic!! :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• mare mare
    replied
    Congrats! You are an inspiration to many in the same situation!
    You didn't give up!
    I'm so proud of you!!!:woohoo:

mare mare

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    That is great news, Kate! Congratulations. I hope that having that stress and worry behind you will allow you to relax and start to feel at least a little bit better.

Leave a comment:

• jensue973
    replied
    Congratulations!! I am in the process of appealing my case and can only hope I have a good outcome also....Good Luck

Jennifer

Leave a comment:

• RAS6
    replied
    Congrats! And yes, I understand that some people just don't get how devastating IC can be to your whole life. Like you would have gone through all of that if you really weren't disabled! UGH!
    But we get it and are so happy for you!

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Good news is the best news. I am so happy for you.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• kate118
    started a topic Won at SS Hearing!

Won at SS Hearing!

Hello Ladies,

It has been awhile since I posted.

I wanted to post back to you all and let you know that I won my SSDI at my hearing. :woohoo:

It was a long horrible process of 2 years bleeding thru my retirement account-- scared that we would be forced to sell the house and downsize if I lost my case.

Had to hire a lawyer and go the full 9 yards but it was definately worth it.
    Still fighting with Cigna our private insurance carrier for my disability claim.
    Having trouble with Medicare prescription program.
    Being sick sucks, and the SS money doesn't solve the illness. But I really can't complain about my current situation knowing others are struggling worse than me at this point. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

My advice to anyone contemplating filing for SS disability, get to it, stick to it, don't give up, don't anyone tell you your not entitled. As we all know it is hard being so sick (but not visably injured- being that other shun your medical and emotional state of being). Even after winning my case I still have some doctors, family members, and friends who actually think I got away with something from goverment. Can you imagine? I am sure you can!
    Embrass those who love you, escape those who are incapable.

Thanks for all the help this board has given me. You all have been an inspiration-- and I felt a pay back was important in posting this message.

Love you all,

Kay
Working...
X