Victorious with Social Security Disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorious with Social Security Disability

I checked my bank balance this morning & found a direct deposit from Soc Sec. I had not received a letter so I called them & was told they mailed out the approval letter and statement yesterday from Baltimore, MD.

I had to stop working for good in Jan., 2003 & applied in March. I was initially denied & then applied for reconsideration. I submitted everything for the reconsideration; medical records, history of meds, pain meds, treatments, hosp stays, articles, you name it. I indexed it all into an organized file about 2 inches thick. It was very time consumming & stressful, but it appears that it paid off.

For those of you still in the process, hang in there & don't give up.

Mary Fitz

WAY TO GO!!! Congrats on winning your disability! Sounds like you had everything in order and proved that you deserve this. I think if you take your time and get everything you need to prove your case, it's much easier to get an approval. Hard work always pays off in the end!!!

Congrats again!
    Kelli
    IC Angel: Proudly supporting the Children and the Elderly with IC.

E-Mail: [email protected]

http://www.myspace.com/lilmiss200595

Revelation 21:4
    "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

Comment

You Go GIRL
      I did what you did....I blasted them with every single bit of medical history I had. Plus all the info I could find on IC AND some of the posts from people here on the ICN.

I made it my mission to win, just like you did, and it pays off when you dot all your i's and cross all your t's blink blink
      teri
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

MaryFitz,

WAY TO GO!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. You gave me some hope. I am still waiting for my approval. I was denied & than appiled for reconsideration. I apply in April 2003 so & still waiting for aproval. Your psot give me some hope. thank you so mcuh!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats MaryFritz, way to go, good for you, I know you must be very happy. What a nice Christmas present, congrats and a hug Iris hi hat
          Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am still waiting for my first denial (I applied 3 months ago). I sent a lot of articles when I applied. I will send more when I am denied. A win for one of us is a win for all. I am so glad for you. What a wonderful Christmas (or Holiday) gift!!!!!
            carly

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great feeling! Things go so much better with that worry gone.
              Faith, Hope, and Love,
              Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
              Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Congrats!!! Sure gives out hope!!! grouphug
                Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Double, triple YiPPEE!!!
                  Positive thoughts and prayers that new treatments for IC will reach all who struggle with this disease,

SusanC

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS kissing

It is a wonderful feeling to finally have validation that the symptoms that we IC'ers experience is not in our heads.

Positive thoughts to you. hi grouphug
                    "I can be changed by what happens to me
                    But I refuse to be reduced by it" ~Maya Angelou

Comment

Soooo glad you got yours.How long did it take for you after your trail date? I got denied once and got a lawyer and refiled again and just now on scream Nov.25 03 did I get a court date. I first filed in May 2002--- I haven't heard anything as of yet and just thought maybe you could tell me how long it took for you to hear something. Did you hear anything from the judge ? DEC 25 03 will be 1 month since I had my hearing so I guess I will just wait and do a whole lots of Praying...for GOD knows....and I know HE is not gonna put anything on me that I can't handle. wink
                      angel TAKE CARE AND ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN TELL ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
                      YOU CAN E-MAIL AT:
                      [email protected]
                      and if any one else has any infomation you too
                      can e-mail me. ENJOY YOURSELF AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
                      ALYSSA'S_GRANDMA
                      OBEY ACTS 2:38
                      "ENCOURAGE SOMEONE"
                      "Brenda"
                      Remember you are not alone in your pain:Ask Jesus to hold your hand...HE WILL!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X