Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teri
    replied
    Use EVERYTHING you've got!!!!! I ordered a book from the ICA that helped me fill out all of the paper work. I was so glad that I got it. Then, with the help of my daughter, when I filled out a form she would go over it with me. I wrote letters and made follow up phone calls to all of my dr's asking them to include a letter with their information to SS and I think this really helped. I was denied on my original application but won on my first appeal. I am going thru my first review now and it's another pain in the butt but I'm NOT going to let those jerks win.

I had to look at it as a mission when I first applied. I NEEDED validation for how bad I felt and come he$$ or high water, I wasn't going to let them beat me, no matter what it took.

GOOD LUCK....and remember.........DON'T LET THEM BEAT YOU, that's what they want to do, it's their job. Your job is to BEAT THEM [img]wink.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• alisa
    started a topic Want to apply for SSA

Want to apply for SSA

I want to apply for SSA benefits. I've completed the application, but have not returned it. I've read the recent posts and I'm afraid that I'm not putting the right things in the app. Since its not on their list of disabling illnesses I know its going to be a pain-in-the-neck to get. I'm unable to work, even in an office setting. I have also been diagnosed since 1995 with bipolar disorder. Should I use IC or Bipolar disorder?
    I need some type of income, any advice would be appreciated.....don't know what to do....please help. I want to also say that this is a wonderful board full of wonderful people that I can finally relate to...
Working...
X