Another waste of our tax dollar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another waste of our tax dollar!

I spent 15 minutes in a room with a shrink who asked 2 pages worth of questions and didn't "HEAR" one thing that I said [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] The next hoop they will probably make me go thru is the terrific MD that they let emotionally abuse patients!!!!! What a thrill [img]frown.gif[/img]
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Teri, I have been there hon! I had my first appointment with an ss shrink in April. What a joke! Like they can tell from 15 minutes of silly questions what we go thru on a daily basis! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!! Hey, and while we are on this topic, the MD they sent me to was on the 3rd floor of a HUGE bldg. Well, there is ONE elevator. When I finally got up there, The nurse asked me 50 Questions, about meds, history etc. But my personal favorite was when she asked me what surgeries I had had. I started listing them all and when I got to the interstim, I started to explain it to her and she interrupted by saying that it was NOT a surgery!!!!!!!!! OK guys, you know me too well,,,,,,,, YES, I pulled my pants down and said , "not surgery my #$%^#"" She blushed a very pretty maroon color!!! Then she saw it my way. Well, by this point I have to pee (of course) well guess what? They dont even HAVE a restroom in their office, you have to get back on the elevator to find one! I was thoroughly disgusted and stressed out by the time I left there. **** The potted plant in the hall was looking good to me****** But hey what can we do? They are the ones who get to decide whether we are"disabled or not" Nice huh? HUgs to all! ICNNINA [img]mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay Nina, I got one better, if you can believe that! When I went thru my first application it was RIGHT after my implant surgery. First of all, I got a letter stating that if I had trouble with concentration and understanding, I could have a family member in the room with me....NOT!! You can bet your bip that that won't happen again. This jerk is making me do the touch your toes, bend from side to side etc etc. I kept telling him that I couldn't because I had just had this surgery done....well, after the 5th time he told me to do these things, I dropped my drawers, I thought the nurse would explode laughing and he told me that our interview was complete [img]wink.gif[/img]
      teri
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

sorry kind of changing subject here please forgive. I am having lots of fun here. I filed like 2years ago for ssi (I am 21 now) after I got my first denial I went to a lawyer. he said he would file my next appeal. 6 months after the appeal was due I found out he didn't do it. So I had to file an appeal to get my case reopened and file a grievance against him. I got a letter last week and I guess it means I got it reopened and a Administrated law judge will be seeing me. Can't find a lawyer now. The one I was referred to won't take my case she referred me to another lawyer and he won't see me til JULY 9 and sounds like a di** on the phone. And I also have relized in the last two days I am not prepared at all. My orignal uro has disappeared on me and my old counsler agency has shut down and I have no paper work from anyone really. . now I can't find a uro that specializes in ic either god can someone please help me somehow???????? Tina

[email protected]

Comment

There are very few uros who actually specialize in IC. Have you looked at the list of physicians on this site to see if there is one near you who is recommended by other IC patients? (the list is on the pull-down menu at the top of this page). If you can't find the uro who was treating you, I suggest you contact the state licensing board for physicians. If he has moved, his records would be with another physician in your area. You should also be able to get your hospital records.

Good luck!
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Yeah I looked in that pull down things and couldn't find any even close to me. I am going to talk to the office my doc use to be at and see what they can tell me.. I just won't use the two docs left in that office because a reliable resource told me one does it just for the money and one does it to try to help but neither really know what they are doing. I just really need to find a caring doctor that knows what he is doing. They don't seem to care what happens to me at all.
            Anyways thanks for the advice!

Comment

I suspect a lot of people have an easier time getting the disability if they can consistently qualify for major depression or bipolar disorder with the IC on Axis III (the medical condition line in the psychiatric diagnoses). The key is making it clear by specific illustration what the your days look like in terms of functioning and think of your worst days. I would think it's vital to have shrinks who see you fill out forms too as you update....right?

The key in getting it and keeping it seems to be the lack of ability to function to the level that one rrqures to work. Someone who has trouble getting dressed because getting going is just so hard when the depression is bad, someone who sufferes from anxiety to the point of not being able to do errands consistently, stuff like that.

Don't ya think? I'm thinking out loud here based on experience.....both personal and professional. I think focus on functioning problems overall rather than feelings is key.

Comment

Hi,
                Ok, this is a bit depressing! I am just starting this fun process. I applied and was denied, (of course), so now just filed an appeal. Luckily, I have disability insurance, so am getting paid now and the company hires someone to help you get approved. (so they can pay you less money out of their pocket.) Thanks for the hints of help.
                Take care, Julie [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
                "Don't sweat the small stuff."

Comment

Working...
                X