Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Advice re. Speeding Up A. J. Hearing Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice re. Speeding Up A. J. Hearing Date?

It can be so frustrating, to have to wait for yet one more thing from SSD - it's now been 3 mos. and counting BEYOND the 8 mos., my atty. orig. told me I could expect to have to wait, for the Administrative Judge Hearing date. (Have already been denied once, on my own/first applied sev. yrs. ago.)

I know it's "Summer" and all, but this is ridiculous!

Had contemplated contacting a State Rep or something, but thought better of it since it's now officially in a lawyer's hands. (Her office basically just implied that I wait patiently/no oppty. to directly speak w/her and ask further questions.)

What do you more experienced "veterans" think? Certainly do not want to step on the toes of anyone who is finally "in my corner"...

Thanks for any insights you might be able to offer!

Allyson in CT

I feel for you i know what you mean you can't or i couldn't figure out how to make them go any faster. Yes it does help its just getting it what makes it so bad and i'm sorry if anyone of you work for ssi or ssd but they are nothing but a big joke. I almost lost everything because of them they dont care it isnt there lifes they are messing with. (SORRY THIS REALLY MAKES ME MAD) if we wasn't sick most of us would be out working for our money and working hard. its not right for them to keep our money that we worked and paid in so if we got sick we could get back. and another thing i learned the other day they should have been paying me ssi for over a year now because we are under income. now i have to fight for that but they said it wouldnt be a big deal they just needed a copy of my husband last 4 mths pay check stubs.
    Please if anyone knows let us know. the system is really messed up. exp. if your young they really take a long time because they feel they are something you can do. eek
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Hi there,

I live in Florida and I am also waiting on a hearing date and the lawyers office just doesnt seem to be to worried about it so I decided to do something about it myself. banghead Well I called his office and said does any of your clients try to get the congressmans office behind their case. She said yes and I asked them if they would mind and she said not at all. So I called the congressmans office in our district and she was so nice. She sent me out a form to fill out and said they would put a congressional flagging on my file and that could possibly speed it up. She also said that if you are in financial trouble and about to lose your house or way behind on bills they could show this to the ALJ and speed things up. I would try it what do you have to lose? Let me know how it goes... Good Luck, I know how frustrating it is waiting and getting more and more in debt. Lisa angel

Comment

Allyson ~

I hope you get a hearing date soon ! Best of luck. Take care !

~ Alison angel

Comment

hi Thanks for your thoughts, everyone!

As I was looking up my CT Govt. Website early this morning (prior to entering the chatroom), I realized that I should "at least" let my attorney's office know what I was considering doing, as a courtesy.

Shortly thereafter, upon speaking w/the law firm's receptionist, I was told she would look into whether there were any objections to me contacting a Congressional Representative. (Am thinking, either they won't mind/or this will spur my attorney on, to delving into the matter <of the delay> further.)

Incidentally, was excited to see that my District's Congresswoman had a very comprehensive website, including a section for sending her an e-mail message direct (now that's service!).

Better yet, I even came across a link for getting your phone # taken off Telemarketer's lists and got that taken care of, too.

All in all, a "good day" in the battle for benefits, as I inch my way closer

Take Care -
          Allyson

Comment

Working...
          X