Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: SSI WORK RECORD

HI,
    Is there anyone out there, that has sucessfully gotten SSI or SSD from the work record of your husband?? I have paid in over the years, but not enough. I appreicate any help, or ideas.
    Thanks and hugs
    Susan
    Susan
    People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

I know someone who drew from both. Hubby has to have enough SS quarters and recent ones for you to draw against his for SSD. On SSI, you have income limitations. SSI can be supplemental if the SS is not high enough.

--------------------------------------------------
    Hope is the thing with feathers
    That perches in the soul,
    And sings the tune without the words,
    And never stops at all. --Emily Dickinson
    Liz

Comment

HI Liz,
      Thanks for your letter.
      I worked, but didn't have enough work hours on my own, the last job I had I was self-employed.
      My husband retired from G.M. for over 33yrs. I went once, and was turned down FLAT!! Do you think it would help, if I went any futher?? With all these dr.,s bills I could use the help. I know people that are on it, that I know could eaisly get a job!!!
      Thanks for your help
      Susan
      Susan
      People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

Working...
      X