Applied for SSI - Wish me luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for SSI - Wish me luck

I sent application for SSI a week ago this last Thursday. Wish me luck. I included a lot more than I would have due to the information that I received on ICN. I had friends write letters & I wrote a letter my self. Printed info from three different sites on the inter net & anything I could thinks of. So wish me luck that I am approved the first time. I live in Arizona & was told by a friend who applied for SSD that it was 3 months before he had his first decision which was a denial for something other than IC. I hope that mine is not denied.

Sandy

Best of luck Sandy
    I was denied the first time but won on my first appeal. I did the same thing you did. Sent in all kinds of info on IC, plus my uro and uro nurse sent info too. You need all the help from your drs that you can get. What I did was write each of my drs and tell them how my life was being affected by my different diseases so that when they got the SS papers they would know how to help me.
    hugs teri
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Hi Sandy,
      Just a suggestion for you; you should check with your doctors in a couple weeks to make sure that they have forwarded all your info to SS. If SS doesn't get everything that they need to determine your case, they won't do anything to keep on your doctors to send it in. You may have to remind some of your doctors to get your records sent to SS. If you make sure that everything gets sent in, you'll have a much better chance of proving your case. Don't give up, you deserve this. Best of luck to you. I applied last fall and was approved at the initial application. I don't know if I got lucky, but I do know that my records were very complete and proved everything I told SS as to what my problems were that made me unable to work. Take care, Jane

Comment

Sandy,

Good luck! Keep us posted on the progress!

take care,
        Melanie
        Melanie
        __

Comment

You have my prayers on this one.
          I had letters from my doctor plus a psychiatrist because the IC gave me horrible anxiety and depression. I also included a copy of my last review at work. they made accommodations for me but I couldn't concentrate on the simplist task and was unsuccessful in my work. The office manager made a notation that this was due to the pain of IC. I got approved the first time. Another good thing to have is information on which disease or diseases are listed by Social Security and compare your pain to the pain of some of these diseases.
          You are in my thoughts. You deserve the disability.
          All the best, Songbird
          If you keep a green bough in your heart
          the singing bird will come.
          http://www.obsidian-sun.com/

Comment

I WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK. I TO RECEIVE SSI. I GOT LUCKY & WAS APPROVED ON THE FIRST TRY. IT TOOK 6 MONTHS. I REALLY DIDNT DO MUCH. THEY CONTACTED MY URO, THE HOSPITOL WHERE I HAVE BEEN SEEN, MY PREVIOUS URO'S, & THEY SENT A QUESTIONARE TO MY MOM ON MY DAILY ACTIVITIES, & I HAD TO FILL OUT A QUESTIONARE ON MY DAILY ACTIVITIES & MY JOB HISTORY. I HAD A REALLY GREAT WORKER WHO WAS PROCESSING MY CASE. SHE WAS VERY SYMPETHETIC. I THINK THAT REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE. ITS NICE , BECAUSE WHAT EVER MY INSURANCE DOESNT COVER, MY MEDICADE WILL. JUST REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, THEY ARE ELIGABLE FOR BENIFITS TO. ILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS & GOOD LUCK.
            MONICA

Comment

Good luck on your application! It can be done even though there's lots of papers to fill out, etc.

Sometimes you think you're done, only to get another one to fill in. In my case it was a form about my pain. As Teri as said before on these boards, make sure to keep copies of everything you filled out as you go through the process.

It's a lot of "hurry up and wait", but those benefits are there for people who are persistent.
              Good luck...let us know if we can help.
              SusanC
              Positive thoughts and prayers that new treatments for IC will reach all who struggle with this disease,

SusanC

Comment

Hi, I applied in Feb, and they notified me in April I was awarded. But now the big problem is that I was working at a nursing home and they were exempt from the Cobra Plan, and now I am trying to get insurance, I am getting Capital Blue Cross things in the mail, ( so they say)and none is cheap. Plus to get my pain pump filled, they do not know if that will be covered,so what doI do now, I applied to Geisinger, Please pray that Geisinger takes me, I was with Geisinger before, then went to work and they had the same plan that was great, then the nursing home joined with a bigger company, and a new insurance,( Keystone) and that is just company insurance not individual plan.So here I am no insurance, a pain pump, and lots of tears, I thought of ending it, but then the insurance will not pay for suaside,however you spell it. I mean, this is as depressed as one can get. I wrote to Senator Santorium, but nothing yet, What does a person do. I mean it I cannot put up with that pain again, I will end it, if something does not come along soon. Sorry I am such a cry baby, but life can be tough. God Bless you all and please pray for me, as I pray for you all, we each have out down falls. Love Sue
                Sue

Comment

Sue,
                  I hope that something comes through with medical insurance. Doesn’t you state have some kind of medical assistance for people who are on disability? I am lucky in that I can go the VA hospital. I was in just under 2 years & 6 months but I get all my medical needs taken care there with out any cost. This is good because I’m self employed & the cost of medical insurance for someone who is not part of a group. From what you posted you were employed when you applied did this present any problems since you were still working. I did my interview on the phone & was asked if I was still work & if so why. I told her that I had to work to pay the bills. I also posted on another area about a question about ringworm because on top of everything else I have developed the first case of ringworm in my life because of a stray kitten that I took in about two weeks ago. Now I have to treat all my other cats who show any signs of it and bath them once a week for the next three weeks. By the way now with the new addition we have seven cats. I have at last count about 26 places on me & discovered another one just a couple of hours ago. I got some medication from the local pharmacy & was told that if it didn’t look better to go to the doctor. I am so thankful that I have the VA if I would sure be out of luck. We are also going through personal bankruptcy & won’t know until the day in court if we loose either our piece vacant land that we had planed to move on to in about a year & if they want to take our inventory so that they can pay some of the bills. If you want to every chat or email me & need to talk here is my email address [email protected] .

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                  X