A Friend Approved!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Friend Approved!!!!!!

Another giant step for IC!!!!! A friend was approved in Michigan on her first application!!!!!!!
    teri
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

That's wonderful news, Teri! Thanks for sharing and congrats to our IC sister! Hey, just maybe we are getting somewhere!

"The sun shines not on us, but in us." John Muir

Living a happy life in spite of IC! http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melanie.html

Comment

Teri,
      Could I get some info on how she got approved? I live in Michigan and I was denied, and I filed for an appeal 6 months ago and still havent heard anything about it.
      My Doc has told me that she will help anyway she can, and I really dont know what to do next. I call ssi and leave messages, and they never return them. Should I reapply?
      I could really use some info on this, I am stumped.

------------------
      Jasmine
      Hope everyone is having good poddy days!!!!!!!

~Jasmine~

Comment

Jasmine~email [email protected]
        teri
        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Hi, I have been working on my ssi since I left work in July2000. I was denied in Nov. then again in Dec. 2000. I am now going for my hering before a judge, but the reason given was that I hadn't been out of work for 12 months and they didn't think I would be. So now I'm bot sure what to do. I have requested the hearing because I don't want to loose that Chance. The only encouraging thing was that they didn't base the denial on what my condition is.(I.C.) They also think I will be able to go back to my old job which is very physical and I cannot do it anymore. Every move I make is quite painful especiaaly on my bad days which are many. Any Ideas out there to help me?? Thanks for any Help you can give. Lois

P. S. they also listed my condition on my second denial as "cystitist" instead of Interstitial Cystitist" I sent them a copy with a note telling them there is a BIG difference between the two. I started to wonder if the second person even bothered to open and read my file??!!! It is loaded with info on I.C. that I got from the internet and sent to them. Any Ideas??? thanks,lois

Comment

I had been out of work for a couple of years before I applied. Actually, I just called to see how long I had left that I COULD apply and the girl suggested I do it then, I did. I was approved on my 1st appeal. It exactly 9 months almost to the day..... teri
            teri

Comment

Hi Everyone,
              I am the friend of Teri's that was approved for disability last week. It took a little over three months. I had not been working for about a year before I applied. I think that I was approved because my medical records were very complete and backed up everything that I told them. I would be happy to talk to and help anyone else with this. Please e-mail me at [email protected]
              Take Care,
              Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzy Baby:
                Teri,
                Could I get some info on how she got approved? I live in Michigan and I was denied, and I filed for an appeal 6 months ago and still havent heard anything about it.
                My Doc has told me that she will help anyway she can, and I really dont know what to do next. I call ssi and leave messages, and they never return them. Should I reapply?
                I could really use some info on this, I am stumped. Hi Terry can I get some info I am going for a appointment for disability inFeb, and I need to know how to go about it. Thanks for all your help....Good Luck..

Sue

Comment

Teri, thank you so much for letting us know about your friend getting her SSD!! How terrific for all of us...

Jane, I am so happy for you!! Tell me if you can, were you able to get your medical records from the docs? Haven't had much luck with that..

But I do have detailed letters from all the docs and my pt. Am looking forward to applying, since I've been working on it since August 2000....took that long to get letters from docs. Had them sent to me first so I could send it all in together with the large packet of IC info I got from the ICA.

Best of luck to you Jane and to all who either are starting the process or in the throes of the appeal process. Hope that we're all as fortunate as Jane and Teri were.

Gentle hugs to all,
                  Susan
                  Positive thoughts and prayers that new treatments for IC will reach all who struggle with this disease,

SusanC

Comment

Dear Susan,
                    Sounds like you are ready and have done a lot of work getting ready to file your SS claim. It's good that you have detailed letters from your doctors, but you should get copies of their chart notes on you too. The doctors' notes will back up what you tell SS about your symptoms and problems that keep you from being able to work. For example, I told SS that I have trouble concentrating because I get up to pee many times during the night and am very sleep deprived. My urologist had written right in my chart notes that I complained of these problems. SS is not going to take your word for it. They have to see medical documentation of your problems. If you are having trouble getting copies of the notes, just keep on trying. Let them know how important it is to your case. Also, I got copies from the hospital of the notes on my surgeries that give the IC diagnosis and all lab and radiology reports. These can have important information also. Good luck to you and I hope you get a speedy, favorable decision!

Comment

Working...
                    X