No announcement yet.

Need help with Social Security Disability

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need help with Social Security Disability

    I have IC and filed 2x approx. 2 years ago. Both times I was denied. They said my bladder disorder wasnt considered a disability. I cannot work outside my home because of this and I need help.
    I emailed a local attorny's office for help and I am waiting for them to get back to me.
    Can someone refer me to a website for advice?
    Please email me directly. Thanks! [img]confused.gif[/img]

  • #2
    When I applied I ordered the book from the ICA and I followed it to the letter as much as I possible could and I did win after just one rejection....I am in the process of my first review and feeling a bit anxious but I guess it's something you just have to go thru every few years.

    wishing you the VERY best on this journey!
    For me, I turned it into a mission and there was NO way I was going to loose and I think that attitude helped me to follow thru on everything.

    tons of hugs~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".


    • #3
      Hi! I just have a sugesstion. when my husband filed he went thru an agency where we live called OFA (oppurtunities for Access) they helped him file and do all the paperwork and he was given ssi the first try. Maybe, if you have an agency similiar to this where you are they might be able to help you with your appeal.

      Newbie Angel- Giving support to those new to the boards with IC

      Angel over the airways- Lets get the word out on IC!


      • #4
        I dont think we have anything like that around here. I did leave a message with an attorney.
        Seems I may have problems getting SSI because I do daycare in my home part time. What else can I do to make money to help my husband pay the bills?
        At least at home, I can use the bathroom as much as I need to. I guess they feel I should be homeless or something.
        I have gone thru all the treatments and had a hydrodistention. Nothing worked. I take Detrol to help me sleep at nite as it curbs my urge to pee just alittle.

        I guess my only bet is to hire the lawyer. Dont know. Any other suggestions?


        • #5
          You're right in thinking you may not qualify as long as you are doing day care --- They may consider that gainful employment. I do think it would be worthwhile to talk with an attorney.

          Good luck!

          Stay safe

          Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center -
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) -

          Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

          Patient Help:


          Diet list:

          AUA Guidelines:

          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

          Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool