Information about disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information about disability

I applied for disability in 1998. this was before i was diag. with ic. I have other disabilities as well. i was denied twice and now am in the appeals process. It is a long and tedious process, let me assure you. But there is always hope that they will find a cure for ic. LETs HOPE

I hope that you have added you IC in with your SS papers. It will also help if your dr will write a prsonal letter explaining what IC does to ones life.....keep us posted teri
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

I just don't understand how it can be considered humane to put someone through a two year waiting process for something that we've worked for and should be entitled to with reasonable medical support.

I haven't even applied, and am afraid to even consider it. I've always had symptoms here and there, but last June it drove me past the Gyno to the Uro for help. This IC is CONSTANT! My income from Jan - June was normal, June - December was 25% of normal and now I am at home, doing some work for less than 1% of my normal earnings. I know that I've paid A LOT in taxes too!

I fear that I am incapable of working again. I know I couldn't do my old job and am really scared just thinking about the choices that I have to make. I can't stay off work for ever, but I know I can't do what I used to -- and that I can earn what I used to. It's scary - who will pay the mortgage? Who will provide for the kids? It takes more than one income in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks for listening -- I didn't mean to get so self absorbed... how are you doing it?

[email protected]

--Cindy
      Cindy
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X