Got approved!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got approved!!!

I am so excited. I got the news on friday that my disability was approved. I filed in May of this year. I cannot believe that I got approved. I was told how much I would receive a month and also how much my "retroactive" payment would be. My mother actually cried. She was a nurse for 40, yes, 40 years with the VA. She has hardly ever cried infront of me. She was so happy for me because of the suffering I have indured my entire life, due to IC. This actually started when I was two years old, but I wasn't diagnosed until two years ago. I still feel like it isn't true and that I am going to wake up and it all be a dream. Good luck to everyone who is still fighting for their disability. God bless you all and I am praying for you every night.
    -Reba

Congratulations, Reba!!!!! How wonderful! I am applying as well, I hope I am as lucky as you! Once again, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! grouphug grouphug
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Yippee!! Now, perhaps you will be able to do something really nice for yourself?

hat
      Positive thoughts and prayers that new treatments for IC will reach all who struggle with this disease,

SusanC

Comment

all right reba, thats great news
        brat
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Way to go!!!!!!!! scream
          Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

great news!!!! i'm glad someone got on it with out a long hard fight. I had to fight for two years. I'm so happy for you
            Medicine taken daily or as needed:
            1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
            2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
            3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
            4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
            5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
            5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
            6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
            7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Why do we need to feel embarassed to ask our doctors? I am as well. I have disability from my job, which runs out in April. My dr. has to feel out the forms again as well as my ss disability forms. Don't they know we would love to work if we could?
              carlin

Comment

Working...
              X