Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Girl, I do wish you luck!!! Don't give up!
    GO TO: IC-talkblogspot.com
    [B]CURRENT DIAGNOSES AND MEDICATIONS
    lumbar pain,depression,periphreal neuropathy,Insomnia,IBS
    for pain-tramadol ER 200 mgs (once a day),for break-thru pain-talwin(as needed),for periphreal nueropathy-Lyrica 150 mgs (3 times a day),for insomnia-ambien10mgs,for hot flashes- estradiol (estrogen),for IBS-Questran (one packet a day),for depression-paxil (80 mgs)=two 40 mgs a day

SURGERIES-
    *Bladder and Urethra removed (Radical Cystectomy)-August 2012
    *Vaginal Prolapse surgery, ovaries removed and Interstim removed 2012June 2012
    *Cauterization of the bladder lining-1992-i don't know the technical term
    *Bladder distension and cauterization-1992
    *Cystocopy-1992
    *Gallbladder removal-1995-gall stones
    *Hysterectomy-1998-still have ovaries
    *Interstim trial-2002
    *Interstim implant-2002
    *Trial pain pump did not work
    *spinal injections-2009 (once with 1 injection and a second time with 6 injections)

Comment

It is so very difficult to fight for social security when you are ill. Getting that big retro check was worth it in the end. After I had gone before the judge who finally approved my claim I broke down in the hallway, and crumbled into a sobbing heap of tears.
      I do have yearly procedures done that prove I am still disabled....while waiting for that dreaded next "3 year review". Many people have made the statement "my dr put me on disability". I don't think this is correct. Your condition, the tests and the procedures done to prove your condition is disabling is what got you social security benefits.
      In my first go round with social security I was actually called a "malingerer" by them. I was infuriated by this. I worked hard my whole life, put myself through college...they have a lot of nerve to think anyone would choose to live on the paltry amount they pay out.
      Please never give up! Hugs to all!

Comment

ssi

bamagirl thanks for info and yes I will try again, cant give up .
        Blessings,
        Ruth

Comment

Definitely don't give up when you get that first denial. It is a form letter that goes out to anyone who isn't blind or terminal basically. The second denial is as well. I retained an attorney after my first denial and they took over my case from there. I was denied the 2nd time and then made the appeal to go before the judge. I was notified that I was approved to go before the judge and I would be sent a court date soon. Then the next correspondence I received was notice of a fully favorable decision. Basically they awarded me before I went to see the judge. I think they want to see how serious you are and that is why they make the paperwork crazy and the process long. Total it was a year for me from the day I applied to the day I was awarded. At what ever point you are awarded they payment goes back to the date you first applied. If they determine that you have been disabled for at least 2 years prior to your application date they will award you an extra year of pay. That will be where the attorney gets their payment and they can't take more that 25% or $6000 by federal law. It is worth it to keep seeing it through! Just hang in there!!
          Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
          Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
          Interstim replacement June 2011
          Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
          Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

SS ruling on IC

Ya this is my 3rd time around. I am not only going for Physical but Mental also.

I have Bipoler, Depression, Anitexy, HDHD, Post D. Stress Disorder, Learing Disality, IC, VV, IBS, TMJ and PFD.

But I'm still living

Comment

Round 2 of Appeals

I am on round 2 of appeals right now. My family has been very unsupportive. My mother and grandmother have both passed away and they were my primary source of support in my family. It is very stressful having to fight for your benefits while you are in this compromised state.

I was blessed to get on unemployment after losing my job. This happened right after my IC set in. Now my unemployment is going to expire and I will need disability. I have decided I am not going to be a victim of the system and am going to fight to get what I need. I have kidney/flank pain that is very sharp and fatiguing throughout the day. I do believe that it is harder for men to get disability than women.

Thanks for the information everyone.

Comment

Something that I learned once I was awarded disability is that the fact that I had been referred to a pain management doctor and have seen one for about 6 years made a positive impact on my case. Also since my diagnosis with IC in 2002 we have lived in 3 states so I have had to change docs several times. The fact that they all agreed on my case and the severity of my symptoms each time I would see a new doc also made positive impact. I don't know if those are things the particular judge looking at my case likes to see or if that is something they all look for. Anyway, that's just what I learned and what my experience was like. Hang in there and good luck!
                Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
                Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
                Interstim replacement June 2011
                Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
                Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

I will tell you this. You need all your doctors to write a letter to SSD letting them know that you can no longer work. My doctors did. If you have doctors who are supportive of your condition then they shouldn't mind writing them. You could always have a long time friend to vouch for you or a co-worker who get's it or your pastor if you go to church. Just do what you said and keep fighting.
                  for pain-tramadol ER 200 mgs (once a day),for break-thru pain-talwin(as needed),for periphreal nueropathy-Lyrica 150 mgs (3 times a day),for insomnia-ambien10mgs,for hot flashes- estradiol (estrogen),for IBS-Questran (one packet a day),for depression-paxil (80 mgs)=two 40 mgs a day

SURGERIES-
                  *Cystocopy-1992
                  *Interstim trial-2002
                  *Interstim implant-2002
                  *spinal injections-2009 (once with 1 injection and a second time with 6 injections)

Comment

SS ruling on IC

My doctor said I was fulful disabalied! She filled out the paperwork to help me get disablity.

I have a great family doctor and a wonderful Psychiatrists.

I have 6 letters going to the judge.

I have IC, VV, PFD, IBS, TMJ, Depression, Bipoler, anxiety.

I am on elmirion, efferor xr, and a mood meds. I also take a womens probitic.

use a tens unit and a biofeedback machine everyday!

Cross Ur Figures Ladies!

This is my 3rd time

Comment

I got approved ! You can too !

It was my first time through, however, it was the third "stage", with the judge and court.

You are on the right track though. One major thing got me approved, a great form I got from my lawyer, and had my doctor filled out ! And he filled it out so thoroughly that there was no question !

I didn't read if you have a lawyer, but I was told many time, NO LAWYER, NO DISABILITY. Unless you are paralyzed or something very obvious and severe.

Candy

Comment

Social Security Q&A

Thank u

Ya I got me a great lawyer and some Great doctors. This is my 3rd time around. I think I have a good change of getting this time

Comment

Originally posted by windchaser View Post
                          I was denied twice for my disability claim and went in front of the judge and my attourney said that it would be a long process talking to the judge and they person that is there to try to think of anything you can do so he can try to prove i could work..... It took me no longer then 20 minutes talking to the judge and he kept appologizing to me that i had to deal with this disease so long. The other guy never said one word to me, the judge pushed through my disability papers and my medicare papers for me and i was told by the judge before i walked out of the room that the was no doubt that i got my full disability!!!!!!!! my attourney was shoked!! im so happy that i got a sympathetic judge anyways thought i would let everyone know i got it and i am so thrilled!!!
                          Windchaser, Could you contact me back in a private message? I have some questions I hope you wouldn't mind asking and I don't want everyone to see them.

Thank you.

Comment

I'm getting ready to start the disability claim process. I have not only the pain issue, but found myself truly struggling at work. I can't catheterize myself sitting up and even when I do cath, I have to lie on each side for a few minutes to let the lidocaine coat all areas of the bladder lining.
                            I'm not sure whether to proceed alone or start with an attorney right from the beginning. Any suggestions?
                            (formerly DonnaRenee1)

Diagnoses: IC, fibromyalgia, inflammatory arthritis, connective tissue disease, reynaud's, APS, (the lupus anticoagulant, also known as "sticky blood syndrome")
                            Meds: low molecular weight heparins, synthroid, methadone for pain, tizanidine, cymbalta, pyridium plus, urelle, phenergan for nausea, ambien, lisinopril, norvasc, plaqenuil for arthritis, and over the counter Prelief
                            Treatments: DMSO, occasional hydrodistentions, hot baths, strategically placed heating pads and ice packs, TENS unit, and everything from pity parties to prayer.
                            I have lots of support from my family. My husband and my parents are amazing! I have a wonderful daughter who also has IC, and she has given me 2 precious granddaughters. They are my heart and soul! Thank you God for my family!

Comment

Daisy Mae...if I had it to do all over again I would have started with a lawyer. Good Luck to you and I hope things turn out well which ever way you choose.

Comment

If I were you I would hire a lawyer but that doesn't mean you have to keep him. You need to know that you will not have to pay him/her a dime even if you win. But if you don't win and you don't win until the lawyer has to get involved with the court process then you will have to pay him. They would then get a portion of what you would have received if you had won at the very start of your claim. The lawyer can't get more than $5000.00 or a percentage of what you won. I hope this makes since. I would definately get a lawyer for the first time applying because like I said if you win then you owe him/her nothing.

SURGERIES-
                                *Cystocopy-1992
                                *Interstim trial-2002
                                *Interstim implant-2002

Comment

Working...
                                X