To Anyone who receives SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Anyone who receives SSD

Do any of you know how they Determine back pay?
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Ssd

LEELEE,

I'm on SSD. Social Security goes back from when you first applied and you get all of that back money. Also, it depends on how much money you earned in the past helps to determine the amount. You will get back pay.

Minnie

Comment

LeeLee,

Here is a link that explains this a bit, however I fell into category 2 if you scroll down. I was told by my attorney that I would be paid from the date I could prove I became disabled (not just based on the date I filed). He was right (they can make it retroactive for up to 12 months prior to filing). Even though I did not file until late 2005, I was paid for all of 2005 and part of 2004 when they could see from obtaining records from my doctors that I was no longer working due to severe pain from my IC (there were notes from a few of my doctors in my file dated 2004 that spoke of the severe pain I was in and all the things they were trying to help me with before having to go to worst case scenario and filing for SSDI, which I ended up having to do).

I'd have to go pull out my records to get exact dates, but you get the picture. They went by a date in 2004, not the date I filed in 2005. They automatically take out 5 months (they do it to everyone and there are various links all over that explain what that is). There's a name for it, but it escapes me here at the moment. Whatever your back pay amount is, they subtract 5 months from it. I actually found out I had won by seeing a rather large sum of money direct deposited into my account. I was stunned! I thought I was going to a hearing, but apparently the judge read the file early and decided to approve it and the paperwork confirming all of this appeared a few weeks later.

The pain I suffered when I was battling breast cancer turned out to be nothing compared to what this disease has taken from me. I worked through breast cancer (my lunch hours for 6 weeks every day were radiation treatments). Its hard to believe that is what finally took me out so to speak. Its an ugly and insidiously cruel disease.

I am so happy for you though. At least the worst of this is over. We shouldn't have to fight the disease and the system at the same time. I didn't just work. I worked two and even three jobs most of my life for many years. The system SHOULD be there for me as it should be there for us all.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/back-pay.html

Editing because I found a link about the 5 month "Waiting Period" in regards to money:

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/how-much-in-ssd.html
      Medical Conditions:

Severe IC
      IBS
      Vulvadynia
      Fibromyalgia
      GERD
      Polycystic Ovarian Disease
      Hypothyroidism
      Hashimoto's
      Epstein Barr
      Insulin Resistence
      Gout
      Breast Cancer survivor
      Monthly Vertigo (near periods)

Current medications:

Elavil 50mg
      Neurontin 300mg-600mgs per day
      Librax (lifesaver) as needed
      Percocet (1) 325mg for rescue flares only (usually 2-3 per month)
      Hydroxyzine 25mg's
      Azo Cranberry 3 tablets per day
      Cipro as needed to keep UTI's at bay
      Xanax 1mg at night for sleep
      Levothyroxine 1.75 per day
      Prevacid 30mg's per day
      Zantac 150 mgs per day
      Mucinex 600mg's for Fibro
      Diflucan 150mg's after each period
      Goldenseal to keep UTI's at bay (it works)!
      Prelief as needed

Comment

Ronda,

For me they went back to my actual date that I stopped working due to IC.

hugs and blessings
        MARY

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm.....it's peace within the storm.....I had my sick bladder removed Jan 7th 2010.....Even though I had many complications.......I would do it again in a moment.....I have no regrets......Sunflowers in memory of my sister who passed March 14th 2010......they were her favorite....

Comment

Working...
        X