Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICPrincess, I have a SSDI question for you, please

Hi,
    I was reading a reply you wrote where you stated you didn't have to go to the hearing.
    Was your case won at the appeals council level? I ask because that is where I am right now. The hearing judge denied my claim, which my lawyer has appealed. I wondered if the appeals council would flat out approve rather then send back to a 2nd hearing. If that was your case, what won it for you at that level, if I might ask? Also if so, how long after you appealed did you get a response back from the council?

I actually passed the hard part of showing that I am diabled but still lost my case due to timeing. The judge and vocational work expert agreed I was disabled now but my case has lasted for 3 years and my time of IC diagnosis was after my date of last insured by less then 3 months. I quit work to stay home with my kids while they were young, got ill and after a few years was finally diagnosised with IC.

I have my doctor's backing with letter saying I was disabled at the time of insured and my limitations due to IC. My congressman has backed my case and sent letters to the council to approve me and to hurry it up. Still waiting.
    ANy advice?

I was planning on going to the law library to search for SSDI cases that were approved without a diagnosis before the date of last insured. Not sure if I'll be able to find such a case, but I'm getting desperate. My attorney is not overly helpful. Can I fire him?
    ~Laura

There can not be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

March 2006 IC tested positive

current treatments for IC:
    Zoloft 100mg
    Prelief
    tramadol hcl 50mg (4-8 per day)
    diphenhydramine (1 nightly)
    elavil 25mg, Just started Nov 11

additional meds for pain if needed:
    darvacet
    loratab
    percocet
    tried Elmiron for over year and didn't see much of a change, gained weight

Also take Lisinolpril for high blood pressure

Other conditions:
    IBS '93
    depression '94
    stomach ulcers '95
    Mitral Valve Prolaspe Syndrome '01
    Migraines since childhood
    Chronic Fatique '03

It's not the number of years in your life that matter but rather the life in your years.
Working...
X