Had my SSDI doc appt today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my SSDI doc appt today

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from SSDI that they were sending me to one of their docs. Today was that appt. This doc I swear was about 100 years old! LOL Apparently my fibro was not very well documented in my medical files so they wanted him to do a fibro check. He came to the conclusion that I no doubt have it and pretty badly too. He pushed on every single trigger point and all but one were positive. Now, though, my body hurts so bad. I feel like I worked out really hard and am severely sore. It is horrible. Esp in my arms and knees! I sure hope this pays off and I get approved! It did feel good to once again be validated from a doc! I also had to leave to go pee during the appointment so he witnessed first hand my IC too!
    Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
    Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
    Interstim replacement June 2011
    Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
    Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

It is good that you are moving throught the process. Are they sending you to any other Dr's? Like a psychologist. If you didn't file depression they won't. I am not sure how well things move in Oklahoma but in NC it took all in all a little over a year for me to get my approval. Some states move faster than that. I know what it is like waiting for someone to validate what you already know, that your life is changed forever and you can no longer work or do much of anything else. Hang in there.

Wishing you the best.
    Sandra
    Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
    Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
    http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

Sorry you had to go through that. Should maybe call back to the doc and report your post exam pain just to get on the record. May help. Hope you feel better real soon. Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

Working...
      X