Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

District court level, anyone get that far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• District court level, anyone get that far?

I posted under another post about my experience these questions but wanted to start own thread to see if anyone has knowledge to share with me.

I'm at the point in my case where my attorney is taking my case to the district court. My case has dragged on for 5yrs. This will be my final hope for an approval. The attorney is paying out his pocket the district court fees so he's pretty confident that my case is worth it. But I've heard that from him every step of the way that he was sure I'd get approved.

Has anyone with IC gone to the district court and if so tell me all about it. Is it like an ALJ hearing? How long did it take from the time of appeal to district court till you got the case heard? Any IC SSDI approvals at this point? Wondering if it is even worth it but what have I got to lose?

Any advice is much appreciated.
    ~Laura

There can not be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

March 2006 IC tested positive

current treatments for IC:
    Zoloft 100mg
    Prelief
    tramadol hcl 50mg (4-8 per day)
    diphenhydramine (1 nightly)
    elavil 25mg, Just started Nov 11

additional meds for pain if needed:
    darvacet
    loratab
    percocet
    tried Elmiron for over year and didn't see much of a change, gained weight

Also take Lisinolpril for high blood pressure

Other conditions:
    IBS '93
    depression '94
    stomach ulcers '95
    Mitral Valve Prolaspe Syndrome '01
    Migraines since childhood
    Chronic Fatique '03

It's not the number of years in your life that matter but rather the life in your years.

I don't have specific advice but want to say that I REALLY hope this works out for you! It's good that your attorney is so confident about it!

Wishing you the very best of luck!
    Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

Working...
    X