I got disability because of my ic !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got disability because of my ic !

It took awhile, but I finally got approved ! Went into my appt with the judge, asked me nothing, had already read all my paperwork...We were in there for 1 minute, literally, 1 MINUTE, and he said, "no doubt you are unable to work in any fashion due to chronic pain related to interstitial cystitis. I am approving your application for disability" ! And that was it !

YAY !!

Keep fighting everyone !

Candy

disability

Originally posted by momtotyandlog View Post
    It took awhile, but I finally got approved ! Went into my appt with the judge, asked me nothing, had already read all my paperwork...We were in there for 1 minute, literally, 1 MINUTE, and he said, "no doubt you are unable to work in any fashion due to chronic pain related to interstitial cystitis. I am approving your application for disability" ! And that was it !

YAY !!

Keep fighting everyone !

Candy

Yea!!
    That's wonderful news! Alway nice to hear the good things.

Laurie

Comment

disability

Tell me more. How long did it take? I have just been denied for the first time. Did you have a lawyer? Did you get the disability packet the ICA offers, to help?

congratulations!
      Current Medications:
      Trileptal - MS
      Amantadine - MS fatigue
      Trazadone - sleep
      Elmiron -since March 2007
      Gabapentin - pain
      Citracal - osteopenia
      Vitamin D - deficient
      Valium vaginal - as needed
      Prelief - as needed
      Fish Oil
      Metamucil

Comment

Congratulations! That must be such a relief! Woohoo!
        Tierney
        Message me and add me http://facebook.com/tierneybrielle.

Diagnosed with IC at 12-years-old, but have had IC much longer, now 24-years-old - fibromyalgia (diasnosed 07/30/12) - CFS - migraines - diagnosed with myofascial pelvic pain syndrome in January of '12 - scoliosis since ~12-years-old & s/p spinal fusion (06/21/10) T10-L3 w/ metal implants & nerve damage - post laminectomy syndrome - lumbar spondylosis - mild dextroscoliosis now - menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea (both controlled) - IBS - chemical sensitivity - allergies - chronic nose bleeds - heartburn - rosacea - and that is just the relevant stuff

Do you have a question? Feel free to ask me anything; I am an open book!

I am not a medical authority; I do not offer medical advice. Talk to your doctor, and if you are not comfortable talking to your doctor, find another one. It is OK to advocate for yourself as well as not be satisfied with your doctor! You deserve the best medical care.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its nice to get that out of the way : )

I was asked questions for almost an hour, then my bladder kicked in and I had to ask to be excused so I could go potty.

I think the judge wanted proof that my bladder only lasts about an hour and then I have to go.

They also had a guy there from disability services who the judge asked questions to. I was hopping they werent going to say I could put on a depends under garment, but with my failed operations that would not have worked any ways.

Comment

Congrats!!! It's such a relief isn't it? I had been given a date to go before the judge but then before I went I got my approval paperwork in the mail. My state brought in extra judges to help with the backlog and approve/disapprove the easy cases and mine got approved. It takes such a load off!
            Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
            Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
            Interstim replacement June 2011
            Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
            Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

Working...
            X