Disability Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability Review

I had my appointment today with a psychologist that social security sent me to as part of my review...he told me he thought if I went through a good year of psychotherapy that I'd be at least 50% better Exactly how is therapy going to fix all of my medical problems?! I felt to crappy to say anything in response...i hope I didn't screw it up. If I loose my benefits it means no medical care for me.
    Tried Elmiron, Elavil, Atarax, Botox...with no success and/or adverse reactions.

Current: self administered bladder installations (down to 2x a day per dr advice), Lamictal, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Zyrtec occasionally, Prelief, Tramadol, Oxycodone, Trimethoprim at bedtime, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Flector patch, Tens Unit, warm baths, other forms of heat therapy, IC diet, Gluten/Wheat free diet, vitamins and Premarin because of hysterectomy and osteoporosis.

Have difficulty getting pain under control from IC and other health issues. I've pretty much accepted it as part of my life.

I am thankful for supportive family and friends. Not everyone is supportive all of the time, but I am so thankful for the support I do receive.

I pray for healing for all and for a cure.

I don't see why you had to go to a psychologist to begin with. You are not having psychological problems according to what I was reading. Besides, I don't see how psychotherapy is supposed to make your IC get better all of a sudden. Geez! I guess that it will give you 50% less cramping and diarrhea with the IBS. Yeah, right! You did not say anything, but he may have written "psychotherapy for a year" down in the report.(or whatever) OK. I am still trying to get on disability now. Yep!

Comment

Statesboro...I do have mental health problems, but none of it can be cured by therapy. I have a wealth of physical health problems and my mental health issues are hereditary (no one can "talk" me out of it... sarcasm definitely intended) I kept having to pee while I was there. I'm sure he could tell I was miserable. But the general public assumes physical health problems are caused by mental illness if you have it (just ignorance). Sure wish someone could give my bladder psychotherapy and make it better. I hope you get your benefits soon.
      Tried Elmiron, Elavil, Atarax, Botox...with no success and/or adverse reactions.

Current: self administered bladder installations (down to 2x a day per dr advice), Lamictal, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Zyrtec occasionally, Prelief, Tramadol, Oxycodone, Trimethoprim at bedtime, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Flector patch, Tens Unit, warm baths, other forms of heat therapy, IC diet, Gluten/Wheat free diet, vitamins and Premarin because of hysterectomy and osteoporosis.

Have difficulty getting pain under control from IC and other health issues. I've pretty much accepted it as part of my life.

I am thankful for supportive family and friends. Not everyone is supportive all of the time, but I am so thankful for the support I do receive.

Comment

i don't know about disability for IC or any other health problems except for when i had to help my friend out, she didn't have any mental health issues but she had to go to a bunch of doctors to make sure she was really in need. I really now should get on the ball and do more research as my husband will probably be filing for disability real soon. With all of my health issues you would think that I can file for myself, but my doctors tell me that they won't fill out the paperwork as because one doctor told me " with all of my health problems and medications that i take i am the healthest, sickest person that they know (another words I look healthy). Besides IC, I have heart problems, osterposis(?) disk problems, just to name a few. I take a host of medication, that now when I go to the doctors and they ask what medications do i take I now whip out my list!

Comment

Mary124,
          Wow, you have alot to cope with. My doctor doesn't want me to work, but he told me that all disability does is have him send in my medical records...I wish he could fill out some forms but that isn't the way they do it in NC. I'm pretty sure it's different in every state. If you lived here you could file with your medical records and it sounds like I could keep disability if I lived there and my doctor could fill out the forms But...then I wouldn't have my wonderful doctor. My dad is very disabled and is a veteran...he lives in VA and can't get any help...he can't go without his medical care and income so he keeps working even though the doctors say it could kill him. That stuff makes me feel guilty for being on it, but I have to have the medical care...if I lose it, there goes my medical team, meds, and supplies. I will just have to deal with whatever is to be.

I pray everything works out for you and your husband.

Comment

Working...
          X