Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struggling with very part time work.. can someone help explain SSDI to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charisse
    replied
    Re: Struggling with very part time work.. can someone help explain SSDI to me?

Okay update my anxiety is terrible. I blacked out while at work last week. It's not just anxiety or IC but my fibro, my tailbone, fatigue etc. My dr. said he will help me fill out paperwork for disability. I have to give notice to my boss now and I'm so nervous. I HATE disappointing people . Has anyone here received state disability while also applying for federal?

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied

Thank you! I am going to meet with my dr. this week. I emailed him and he said to type up a list of my symptoms and bring them in. He said disability is an option but he's hoping he can at least get my anxiety under better control and then I'm hoping I can get my fibro and IC pain stabilized. I'm on a new med but am still adjusting the dosage in hopes it will help me. I can get a free consult with a local attorney too but like you guys have said it appears I will have to quit my job first and wait a year. Or maybe I could just go on temporary disability and see if I can work through this.

Leave a comment:

• summerboys
    replied

I also work very part time. Like 12 hours/week and I am in the same position as you are. I just cannot do it anymore. Anyway, I consulted with an attorney and he said I would have to resign before I could apply. He said I would have to show I could not work at all. He also said to be prepared to be denied the first time. I don't know if it differs from state to state. Maybe you could have a consultation with an attorney who specializes in disability. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

I suggest you do an internet search for Social Security Disability Benefits and find the qualifiers. Once you get approved and are on disability, I believe you are allowed to work a little bit, but I don't know if you can get approval if you're able to work at all.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Struggling with very part time work.. can someone help explain SSDI to me?

I have been wading through the posts here trying to get my questions answered so I apologize if this has been repeated but I am hoping someone here can help me out. I am currently working a very part time job (3 hours a week, sometimes 7 hours a week, sometimes no hours). I just started back in July and have come to the realization that I will never be able to work full time and am currently struggling with the very limited hours I do work. From reading on the SS website I am confused.. one link said before you apply, you cannot be working AT ALL because even very part time work means you are not disabled. Then another link made it look like you could be currently working. What I need to know is, do I have to quit my extremely part time job before I apply or should I go ahead and apply now knowing that I will likely be quitting within the next year (but then I guess I might have to wait a year before I could apply again?).. I hope this makes sense. I'm regretting ever going back because I'd been off any work since 2010 but I really thought I might be able to do this. Mentally I WANT to work and I love my job. Physically I just can't do it. I've got IC, possible PFD, nerve pain, tailbone pain, fibro/cfs, severe anxiety and a history of stomach problems and now heart issues. I am in the process of trying to gather up all my medical information which dates back to 2003 and I have a lot more to collect. When you fill out the online app do they just ask for dates of your appts and a medical summary? Sorry so many questions.. I am struggling today thinking of doing this but my plan had always been to someday return to the workforce but my prior job as a legal secretary is out of the question.. long stressful hours and SITTING causes me so much pain. Not to mention I am so fatigued all the time and need to nap daily.
Working...
X