Disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability

Just wondering if any of you have applied for disability & what the severity of your condition has to be for you to qualify. Thanks.

Re: Disability

To be considered disabled, you must have a physical or mental ailment that is expected to last a long time, and prevents you from working enough to support yourself.

I applied in 2011 and wasn't approved until 2013 (appeals, appeals, appeals). I never had a lawyer. I explained to the judge that not only do I have multiple physical conditions (listed in my signature below), but the medication I take for those conditions leaves me exhausted, dizzy and sick. I provided all of my medical records from 2005 to 2013, and wrote a personal statement with graphic examples of what my pain feels like. Don't hold back - don't be afraid to be detailed, even though our IC pain is in a sensitive and private area of our bodies - the judge needs to know.

I believe that the SS system is designed to be unnecessarily confusing and contradictory, as to encourage people to give up. It is sad that people who are disabled have the hardest time navigating the system and going through endless paperwork and etc. But it is worth it in the end, if you are approved...they will owe you a bunch of money!
    Diagnosed with IC in 2005, since then have been diagnosed with an unspecified autoimmune disease, with inflammation in my bladder, colon, left knee, left ear, left eye, lungs and pericardium. Argh!

Medical research addict.

Comment

Working...
    X