Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tragic and heartbreaking. Prayers to the families
    ~Laura

There can not be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

March 2006 IC tested positive

current treatments for IC:
    Zoloft 100mg
    Prelief
    tramadol hcl 50mg (4-8 per day)
    diphenhydramine (1 nightly)
    elavil 25mg, Just started Nov 11

additional meds for pain if needed:
    darvacet
    loratab
    percocet
    tried Elmiron for over year and didn't see much of a change, gained weight

Also take Lisinolpril for high blood pressure

Other conditions:
    IBS '93
    depression '94
    stomach ulcers '95
    Mitral Valve Prolaspe Syndrome '01
    Migraines since childhood
    Chronic Fatique '03

It's not the number of years in your life that matter but rather the life in your years.

Comment

horrible

Mary, I was 10 at the time of the Texas shootings in 1966 and remember everything about it. I have been in tears on and off for the past few days. Just a reminder that me and my health issues are not the end of the world.

Comment

I think that for those of us who were RA's in dorms, it's particularly eerie. I would have been that person who would have tried to mediate the fight in that dorm room, just like the male RA tried to do before he and the girl were shot and killed. It's just senseless!

I thought the service today was wonderful, though. I hope that it is helping them to know that so many others truly care and are sending them our love.

jill
        Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

On Msn.com, there are profiles and pictures of the people killed. I almost couldn't bear to read them. Every victim was an important, unique, loved person. It's such a senseless tragedy.
          I have: Interstitial Cystitis,Eustacian Tube Dysfunction, IBS, Sciatica.

I take: Elavil 50 mgs, Balziva birth control, and Elmiron instillations.

I am: Not my disease.

My Myspace Page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=4249067

Comment

We also lost a Canadian professor in this awful shooting at Virginia Tech.

Jocelyne Couture-Nowak, a French-language professor from Truro, N.S.
            Her husband, Virginia Tech horticulture professor Jerzy Nowak also work at the Virginia Tech was not hurt in the shooting yesterday..

My deepest Sympathy and Condolences go to Professor Nowak in the lost of his wife yesterday..

Debbie
            Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

"Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
              http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

I also feel a great deal of sympathy for the family of the shooter. This has to be a horrible burden for them to bear. It's just a horribly heartbreaking week for everyone.

Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I have been thinking about them also, Donna. The media was all camped out in their neighborhood and probably will be for weeks to come. (At what point is THAT considered stalking?)

They lost a child too........and likely are not only stricken with grief about that, but you know they are thinking about the others killed. My daughter is engaged to a Korean man and she said, in the Asian cultures, the "shame" of this could literally destroy the parents too. We need to pray for them........God help them........my heart is breaking...........
                  Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
                  IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
                  IC Diet Website
                  For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
                  Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
                  Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
                  IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

I was so horrible what happened to UT. There is something terribly wrong with the World we have today as we all know it. It seems to me some of these kids are so lost and have no sense at all of what they are doing or they do and are just coldblooded like this young Man at UT. .Hear me what he done was so devastating to the whole country. WE will 4 ever remember this day! MY heart and soul goes out to friends and family of vitems. God Bless there soul and I am keeping them all in my prayers! WE don't need anymore of this that is for sure!

Lori

Comment

This is just horrible.
                      Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
                      -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

My oldest is in college and when I heard about the shootings I had to pick up the phone and call him just to hear his voice. I cried like a baby when he answered his phone. He was really torn up about the shootings too, and his school was having a memorial service to honor the victims and he was planning on attending.

I can't imagine getting that phone call that so many parents got the other day. It tears me up inside. Such senseless tragedy and loss!

I really feel for the shooter's family too. I can't imagine how they must feel right now.

for everyone involved!
                        *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
                        *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
                        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I feel real grief of what happened at VT. I will pray for each family there. As well I know each of you are doing. I just can not believe this has happened. May God Bless each family there and the USA!!!! Bamafan

Comment

family of shooter

I am sure the family of the shooter was not aware of the depth of his sickness nor would I ever think any less of anyone Korean because of this but before you turn any more thoughts to the family of the shooter, I think you should be aware of this. The townhouse they lived in is not more than 30 minutes away from me and is in an expensive area (they call a $600,000 townhouse middle income in DC area) and Cho did not grow up in poverty as he is claiming in his manifesto. The parents were evidently hard working owners of a dry cleaners; however they were not citizens and never became citizens in a 15 year period and to those of who are native born and have lost everything due to IC and other illnesses, Cho and his family did pretty well for themselves. I think my point is that eventually I hope people continue to show as much compassion for the victims and their families as they are now and that the spin by the media does not give any more attention than is due to this "killer".

Comment

Working...
                            X