Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melamine Now Found In Hogs in California - This is breaking news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I honestly can't see any reason for importing food products, especially grains, when we are paying farmers to not grow those same products! It just doesn't make sense to me.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Ugh... this is just terrible. I also lean towards banning food imports from China if this doesn't stop. It is everywhere already, though....

I am with Moonheart though -- soon, there will be no food available for consumption by either humans or furry family members with all that is going wrong in the world these days. It is scary -- people said, "Oh, this is a problem for our children's children." But look. It is OUR problem now...

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Thanks Jill that is was very interesting...

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Between that and the bees all disappearing so there isn't any pollination, there won't be any food supply left.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Yikes!

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    WOW! That is pretty scary! Thank you for passing this on!

Leave a comment:

• Melamine Now Found In Hogs in California - This is breaking news!

Melamine Found in California Hogs

In a breaking news story from the Sacramento Bee (4/20), it was disclosed that melamine, the toxic chemical responsible for the recall of thousands of pet food products, has been found in the urine of hogs on The American Hog Farm in Ceres, CA. The Bee article goes on to say:

"The farm is cooperating with us to determine the disposition of all animals that have left the premises since April 3," Richard Breitmeyer, the state veterinarian, said in a prepared statement. That's the first time melamine-tainted food is known to have been shipped to the farm.

He said the 1,500-animal American Hog Farm was quarantined "out of an abundance of caution."

A California public health officer, Dr. Mark Horton told the Bee that "evidence suggests a minimal health risk" to people who have consumed it, but the public was urges not to eat meat from that source until further notice.

A theory has been circulating for some time that Chinese suppliers are intentionally inserting melamine into certain grain starches to boost their protein content, for commanding higher prices. Stephen Sundlof, head of the FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine acknowledged the increasing credibility of that theory, according to the article.

-----------------

This is outrageous that this product may now be in the human food supply. Yet again, I believe that we should ban the import of all foods from China!
Working...
X